V712 Root and Google Play Etc..

dihcareet

Dec 16, 2012
i have wake up lag problem

when i press the power button to wake it, it takes 3-5 seconds to get to lock screen

sometimes 5-10s (sometimes not wake at all so i have to restart)

i've tried reflashed and wiped everything but the problem still exists

anyone has same issue as me?

mikimou

Dec 22, 2012
The Onda tablet does not have volume control buttons, so no way to navigate the recovery menu.

To enter the recovery mode on an Onda V712 hold the Home button and press the power button
To navigate the recovery menu on an Onda V712 you use the Home button to move up and down and the power button to select or ok

mikimou

Dec 22, 2012
Thanks!

It worked like a charm for me. But a problem I had before rooting, and still have (seems related to ICS) is that I can't use Gmail, everything else seems to work fine. It crashes upon opening the app

Anyone else?
Any ideas?

Thanks again :eek:)

kcirtap420

Dec 12, 2012
Thanks!

It worked like a charm for me. But a problem I had before rooting, and still have (seems related to ICS) is that I can't use Gmail, everything else seems to work fine. It crashes upon opening the app

Anyone else?
Any ideas?

Thanks again :eek:)

Hey I had that problem on my v701 and when I tried to send a email from the play store it worked. Try going to an app on play and hit email developer with g mail. It signed me right in synced and worked ever since. Worth a shot at least

bozertron

Dec 28, 2012
Hello sir. I bought some V712's for my daughters and I'm trying to customize them a bit. I've followed your directions and I've seen a change but I get stuck here:

"wipe data/factory reset - wipe cache partition - wipe media partition

Then apply update from sdcard and choose "update.zip" one done apply update from sdcard and choose "patch.zip" once done reboot."

I turn the devices on and off. I'm fairly certain the update has taken but I can't figure out how to "apply update from sd card" sorry if the answer is staring me in the face.

bur

Dec 23, 2012
Hello sir. I bought some V712's for my daughters and I'm trying to customize them a bit. I've followed your directions and I've seen a change but I get stuck here:

"wipe data/factory reset - wipe cache partition - wipe media partition

Then apply update from sdcard and choose "update.zip" one done apply update from sdcard and choose "patch.zip" once done reboot."

I turn the devices on and off. I'm fairly certain the update has taken but I can't figure out how to "apply update from sd card" sorry if the answer is staring me in the face.

You do all of this in recovery (for v701 you hold the "home" and "on/off" buttons until you see the white android, not sure if it's the same for v712). Once you're in recovery, you perform the 3 wipes as mentioned. Then choose "apply update from TF card", and it'll show the .zip files (update and patch) on your card. Apply both .zip files, then reboot.

blitz76

Jan 1, 2013
You do all of this in recovery (for v701 you hold the "home" and "on/off" buttons until you see the white android, not sure if it's the same for v712). Once you're in recovery, you perform the 3 wipes as mentioned. Then choose "apply update from TF card", and it'll show the .zip files (update and patch) on your card. Apply both .zip files, then reboot.

Yes, the same recovery procedure applies to V712. I just did it to my kids V712 and it works fine.

Doman_d

Jan 4, 2013
i have wake up lag problem

when i press the power button to wake it, it takes 3-5 seconds to get to lock screen

sometimes 5-10s (sometimes not wake at all so i have to restart)

i've tried reflashed and wiped everything but the problem still exists

anyone has same issue as me?

Yes, I have the same problem, it is very annoying !!!! Please help.
Second problem is very week WIFI range, tablet loose the signal very easily

speedway

Jan 6, 2013
Hey,

I've posted this partially in another topic too. But because it's about the Onda V712 V2 I'll share this information here too.

Yesterday I noticed the Jelly Bean update from Onda for my V712 V2. Installed the firmware and bye bye functioning Onda V712. Well, it was working but... The battery drain is enourmous and my tablet wont charge on a power adapter, it has to be charged by my laptop. The worst thing is that when I'm working on the tablet while it's plugged into my laptop, it says charging but the battery is being drained anyway(even with wifi turned of and screen brightness on 50%)!

One thing that has been improved is the 'wake up' time. But, I recommand people NOT to update to jellybean yet, wait for another firmware because I havent been able to downgrade yet.

I get an error message which tells me the update I'm trying to update the firmware to an older version and then it aborts the update. Unfortunately I haven't had time to look for a solution yet, I will try to contact Onda. My hope is that their is some app or widget(could it be?) which doesn't work well with Jellybean that is causing this trouble, my second hope is that Onda will release an improved firmware update soon.

Tonight I will have a look for the possibility to downgrade back to ICS. Anyone has any advice on how to? Otherwise I will just google my ass off ;)

So even with the minor problems you're experiencing, be warned about the Jellybean update. On the other hand, I'm curious whether it's just my device or all V712 V2's.... So if you do want to upgrade, please post your experiences here ;)

That's it for now.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Hey,

I've posted this partially in another topic too. But because it's about the Onda V712 V2 I'll share this information here too.

Yesterday I noticed the Jelly Bean update from Onda for my V712 V2. Installed the firmware and bye bye functioning Onda V712. Well, it was working but... The battery drain is enourmous and my tablet wont charge on a power adapter, it has to be charged by my laptop. The worst thing is that when I'm working on the tablet while it's plugged into my laptop, it says charging but the battery is being drained anyway(even with wifi turned of and screen brightness on 50%)!

One thing that has been improved is the 'wake up' time. But, I recommand people NOT to update to jellybean yet, wait for another firmware because I havent been able to downgrade yet.

I get an error message which tells me the update I'm trying to update the firmware to an older version and then it aborts the update. Unfortunately I haven't had time to look for a solution yet, I will try to contact Onda. My hope is that their is some app or widget(could it be?) which doesn't work well with Jellybean that is causing this trouble, my second hope is that Onda will release an improved firmware update soon.

Tonight I will have a look for the possibility to downgrade back to ICS. Anyone has any advice on how to? Otherwise I will just google my ass off ;)

So even with the minor problems you're experiencing, be warned about the Jellybean update. On the other hand, I'm curious whether it's just my device or all V712 V2's.... So if you do want to upgrade, please post your experiences here ;)

That's it for now.

Hi, speedway, there is a lot of talk on the chinese forums about the same problems, most of them solved by flashing 3 times, if you tell me the file names contained in the ICS firmware package i will tell you how to get it installed.

speedway

Jan 6, 2013
Hey,

I posted it in all 3 topics so people who were about to update would know the risks :) Maybe we should continu this in just one topic?