Help on Onda V712

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Heres the V2 firmware http://file2.mydrivers.com/ondata/download/driver/oamp3/V712D/V712D-V2_v1.5.5.zip

Try flashing it could solve your issues. When you rooted did you uninstall the chinese apps like you said with Titanium??
I prefer to do one clean install, takes out all the unwanted apps and then root and your done, then dont have to keep messing about, as for your tablet not having physical volume buttons you use the home key to go down the menu selection and power to select. My walk-through is on here just use the firmware file above, hope this helps.

**Just read back through the post and see you did remove chinese apps yourself, you could of removed something you shouldnt have resulting in your problems, having root access is great but you need to be 110% sure you no what your removing before you do **

My advice would be start again, fresh firmware and root.

Last edited:

vortgrenade4

Nov 14, 2012
i just downloaded the file posted above, and it doesn't contain g12ref*******SPI_v***_1.5.zip like you mentioned, instead on the .zip when you opened it, it contains a folder named USB-Burning tool, instructions how to use the burning tool and another .zip file named V712D-V2_v1.5.5.zip and inside that .zip (V712D-V2_v1.5.5.zip) there is 2 other zip/s named patch.zip and update.zip and other documents such as uImage_recovery, usb_spl.bin , u-boot-orig.bin and many more.

So the question is what zip I need to put on my SD card? the update.zip ONLY? or I'll just delete the patch.zip then put V712D-V2_v1.5.5.zip on the sd card?

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Put V712D-V2_v1.5.5.zip on the sdcard after removing patch.zip from it, so you have V712D-V2_v1.5.5.zip containing update.zip on the sdcard and treat this as g12refM708A2SPI_v701_1.5.zip when following the walk-through.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
ok, will try that even though I'm scared.haha

Lol, it will be fine, just read through it a few times to get used to the process, once you have done it you will wonder why you were worried!

Just thought, you could just put the update.zip on the sdcard.

Last edited:

vortgrenade4

Nov 14, 2012
the problem since gone now, the clock is showing the correct time after clicking the auto update so I don't have to manually update it anymore. ~.~ but ok will try that now,

vortgrenade4

Nov 14, 2012
the update.zip contains only 100mb fille. so i'll just put that alone on the sd card? how about the 4 remaining files on zip? the config_progres... , uImage_recovery, usb_spl.bin , u-boot-orig.bin ?

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
You dont need them for flashing this way, they are used to set up a usb to flash it, just the update.zip needed this way.

vortgrenade4

Nov 14, 2012
thank you sir!!!! it really work! took leass than 10 minutes to do it all! hope no more problems will occur. :) sir one more question, can i now delete the gapps-ics-20120429-signed ​from the extracted folder since I won't be using it anymore?

vortgrenade4

Nov 14, 2012
it seems like the gallery became 2? the one contains no pictures and the other one contains pictures of mine from dropbox, and google plus. how do I delete the one containing photos of mine from dropbox and google plus?

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
it seems like the gallery became 2? the one contains no pictures and the other one contains pictures of mine from dropbox, and google plus. how do I delete the one containing photos of mine from dropbox and google plus?

Sorry i had to be somewhere... Great told you not to worry lol, goto settings then apps and you can delete the gallery, the new one will be 0kb, you can also delete the gapps file and update file from your sd, if there is anything else just ask, glad i could help.

Last edited:

vortgrenade4

Nov 14, 2012
Thank you very much sir! how about the voice search sir, it always say "unfortunately voice search has stopped." everytime I click it, any fix?

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Thank you very much sir! how about the voice search sir, it always say "unfortunately voice search has stopped." everytime I click it, any fix?

Not sure, i will have a look, you could try updating it through the play store, i will get back to you.