Help to choose 9 - 10 inch tablet

tony333

Nov 27, 2010
thanks tab_newbie
i need a 10 inch tablet with android 2.2, and i had my eyes set on M10, but there is no trustworthy seller i can find online.Please help us.

repel89

Dec 16, 2010
Planning to get the M10 also, due to its attractive specs and price. But cant seem to find a suitable seller as well. Any recommendations?

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I have trouble keeping track of all the threads I reply to because I reply to so many. If I am MIA, I just need a PM.

@xaueious. I thought that Archos 101 and Herotab M10 are Cortex A8 devices (Tegra 2 is Cortex A9). What do you mean by 'buggy': the hardware or software? Can you mention some concrete feature that is wrong compared to older 9+ inch devices? If it's software, than will it disappear after firmware update to less buggy one in future?
I wasn't sure back then. In October the firmware for Tegra 2 was not very good. I was saying this from articles on the Toshiba Folio, and by intuition of Android 2.2's support for large screen devices. The screen resolution was what was on my mind back then. This alone breaks games. Now we also know that there are some issues with applications and the Tegra 2 processor instruction sets.

As you can see even now, the Tegra 2 shipping firmwares still have some kinks in them to make them a good buy for the majority. But it is certainly better than most shanzhai tablets, especially with such a big dev community behind it now. This is the best option for a 9-10" tablet. Even if you choose shanzhai, you are getting it from the same OEM (Malata).

Tegra 2 is the platform of the upcoming year. So even if things break right now, I think it is safe to bet that it will be much better by next year, Honeycomb style.

Shanzhai stuff:
Among the shipping 10" ARM11 tablets, the Flytouch II is an interesting choice. It seems like it is designed a bit better than the ZT180. Make sure the screen size is the standard 1024x600. There is a GPS option as well. I wouldn't pay over $200 for this one. These are not likely to see long term firmware updates in the form of Honeycomb.

The IMX515 firmware is not very polished right now. It still needs a month a mature. The hardware looks interesting, but it is no where near worth that money right now because:
a) we do not know if we will ever get a finished firmware
b) the hardware itself presents too many unknowns.

All in all Android is not quite ready to transition to 10".

Dec 15, 2010
I've got a zenithink zt180 10.2 running build 1030 and I've got to say its really pretty stable. Couldn't get the wifi to work with my dlink wirelesss n router until I changed the security from wpa to wep. but other than that no complaints... its running android 2.1 and I've seen in some forums where zenithink is working on a build for android 2.2 (flash) ... The android market works great and its pretty cool once you get used to the user interface. You can watch movies from a micro sd card (up to 32gb) ..

I'm getting a 10.2 superpad for christmas ... which sounds great ... gps with antenna, hdmi port, rj45 port, 2 usb ports and 2 micro sd slots, a 1.3 pixel webcam built and a 3.8 mah battery. Hopefully it will be as stable as the zenuthink ... other than the hardware it has similar specs ... other than different cpu and added hardware mentioned above. There is a pretty good video review on

Last edited by a moderator:

tab_newbie

Dec 15, 2010
Hey folks: The ebay-user and corresponding shop of 'unbrandedgadgets.com' were deleted. So my recommendation ist: Don't ever shop there. Their website is not availably anyhow right now, maybe everything just disappeared...

The Herotab M10 is my recommendation. To answer each of your questions.
1. You can zoom with two fingers because it has a Multi-Touch Screen
2. You can read and even edit documents such as Excel, Word, PDF with the Docs2Go App
3. The Herotab M10 Supports Flash and software availability is not dependent on screen resolution or aspect ratio
4. There is a HUGE difference between the Cortex A8 and the Zenithink. I sell and personally own both, The new Cortex A8 devices run faster,web pages download faster, apps load quicker and run smoother and most importantly you can play flash videos online with the new Cortex A8. Plus the Capacitive touch screen is much more responsive giving a significantly better quality experience. Its priced higher than the Zenithink for a valid number of reasons.

If you want a detailed review of the specs check it out at my site

Herotab M10 - Unbranded Gadgets

abohaytham

Sep 26, 2012
hi is this agood tablet and ican have aful spacefication to this hardware to this or can i do some thing to find how can i root it TEAC9.7 ”TC971 16GB

ARM Cortex A8 1.2GHz

Android4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich

MB1024 DDR3

´´9.7 ´ IPS Capacitive

Attachments

• $TEAC9.doc
    200.5 KB · Views: 350
Last edited: