HELP: Trouble with initial Nook Color setup

Snyperx

Nov 22, 2010
I picked up a Nook about 4 ours ago and am now just getting a chance to do the initial setup. I am trying to add a wireless network on step 3 and can not use the keyboard. I am having ghost characters showing up horrible preventing me from typing in the network name and password. What do I do?

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Try tapping power button to put it to sleep or restart the device. Or turn sideways and back to portrait.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Snyperx

Nov 22, 2010
Try tapping power button to put it to sleep or restart the device. Or turn sideways and back to portrait.

No good. Still getting tons of ghost character, some of which are from the other side of the keyboard.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Sorry I am not sure what is going on. I have never had that problem. Is it plugged into the charger? If so unplug from charger.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
If u cannot get it working u may have to bring it back. May be a defect.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Okay the PC Repair tech in me is coming out...

Have you rebooted the device to see if booting it up again fixes the issue?

Is the image distorted during the boot up process, or is it only when the keyboard is activated?

Did you keep your receipt?

Snyperx

Nov 22, 2010
Thanks everyone. It was simple as unplugging it from the AC adapter. Wonder why the keyboard acts that way when charging?? On to nooter:)

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Thanks everyone. It was simple as unplugging it from the AC adapter. Wonder why the keyboard acts that way when charging?? On to nooter:)

It will do that if u r using a third party charger. Also it is usually not good to run devices when plugged into charger.

sent from my rooted nook color