Help with adb please

Status
Not open for further replies.

brachiopod

Nov 22, 2010
I could use a bit of help getting adb runing on the S7. I've downloaded and installed the driver from Huawei. I have my tablet rooted with z4root. When I plug the tablet in, It shows USB debugging connected in the status. When I first plug it in an "installing device driver" window comes up, which changes to "ideos tablet failed". In the control panel there is a yellow exclamation mark by the "ideos tablet ADB interface" and by the "Ideos tablet other devices" Under properties it says "REinstall driver code 18" When I try to reinstall it says it is up to date and won't install. When I run "adb devices" on the computer it shows daemon not running, then it says daemon started successfully, then no devices connected; I guess that is not surprising I've used the mass storage feature and that works.

I'm thinking that maybe I don't have the right USB driver. I'm on Win 7 64 bit.

JustDroid

Oct 27, 2010
I have Win 7 64 bit on my desktop and laptop, and ADB works on both devices with my tablet.
My suggestion is to not reinstall the driver but to update the driver and use the 'Have disk' option and point to where you have the driver from Huawei.

I have other options I can use if you are needing further assitance with this issue. Just send me a PM if you need more help.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
One more step, deinstall the driver you have currently identified, then follow JustDroid's instructions and it should work.

brachiopod

Nov 22, 2010
Thanks for the responses! After deleting the driver, then reinstalling, I'm getting the message below. Apparently I've got hold of the wrong version, or there is no version for Windows 7 home premium (64 bit). (click to embiggen)
$problem4.jpg

brachiopod

Nov 22, 2010
Thanks, that appears to be the same packate, but I tried it anyway, and pointing to the WIn7-AMD64 folder, still getting.

"This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)

Driver is not intended for this platform.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver."

Could it be because I have an i7 processor? Anyway, I'll try another machine later, just not as convenient as this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.