Hey, anyone can help? aPad A8 OR Archos 101 Internet Tablet or..

exnoiuh

Dec 12, 2010
Hey there,

recently i was considering to buy a new android cellphone, but one of my friends said you are so old fashioned and said, now everyone is carrying android tablet! android tablet rules! i went speachless....
so i am here to make it up...
there are many android tablets actually, after i searched the enormous web...
i pick up 2 of them considering my limit budget, eh.

so here they are:

Archos 101 Internet Tablet

Another Android 2.2 device, 10.1" screen

aPad A8

like: android 2.2 os, supports 3G and Wifi, support multi-task

or is there any other android tablet you could recommend?

anyone here can help out of this? which one is better? please................

mgr52

Nov 11, 2010
go for the archos, more well known brand which means actual product support and updates. Not to mention a warranty.

but that is all I can say without knowing what you plan on using it for

exnoiuh

Dec 12, 2010
eh, well, i only use it for online surfing, read ebooks, watch movies (on my bed^^). really tied of typing..
pretty low requests...
i mainly focus on its portability ..

hueyr11

Dec 13, 2010
it seems we have a resonance here.
a8 can totally meet the main application and also the budget for you.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
stay away from the A8 - lots of bugs- no android market, sluggish touch screen, youtube does not work, facebook does not work, battery life is terrible...there are some work arounds but you need to be a risk taker to gt them done

it seems we have a resonance here.
a8 can totally meet the main application and also the budget for you.

zerotiger

Nov 11, 2010
eh, well, i only use it for online surfing, read ebooks, watch movies (on my bed^^). really tied of typing..
pretty low requests...
i mainly focus on its portability ..

If your main focus is portability I would actually go with the Archos 70. It's smaller and lighter than the 101 and should suit your needs perfectly. There is no 3G support, but you can tether it to your 3G phone.

hueyr11

Dec 13, 2010
I've tried the real a8. Actually it has android market and other apps.
And not like what you said, youtube and facebook all work well. Maybe you should check the network settings if it's not working.
As for the touchscreen, it went smoothly if you calibrate the screen correctly.
i believe a8 is a quite cost-effective tablet compared to other android tablets in the market.

stay away from the A8 - lots of bugs- no android market, sluggish touch screen, youtube does not work, facebook does not work, battery life is terrible...there are some work arounds but you need to be a risk taker to gt them done

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
you can take hueyr11's word or you can take the word of not just myself but a bunch of other users

slatedroid on touch screen design problem- Touchscreen problems with new A8 Pad from PandaWill (Cortex A8)
review and apps compatibility - [REVIEW] Freescale iMX515 Cortex A8 Apad Full Review
more on screen design problem - (Firmware Project) SL-A8 Tablet

I've tried the real a8. Actually it has android market and other apps.
And not like what you said, youtube and facebook all work well. Maybe you should check the network settings if it's not working.
As for the touchscreen, it went smoothly if you calibrate the screen correctly.
i believe a8 is a quite cost-effective tablet compared to other android tablets in the market.

exnoiuh

Dec 12, 2010
you guys rock! this is really a good place to learn for people like me --//.
thanks everybody.
and i still have a lot of questions..
e.g: can android 2.1 be updated to 2.2 easily? some people said that 2.1 can NOT be updated to higher android OS 'cause the hardwares are not compatible
anyone got ideas?

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
hueyr11 is right about the 8" A8. The real thing is actually passable (though not without flaws), but the clones are terrible.

You are going to have a hard time finding the real thing at a reasonable price though.

You are much better off with the Archos

Updates do not just happen like that. Start with our FAQ.

hueyr11

Dec 13, 2010
Thanks buddy.

BTW: Here are some new pads
WoPad - Android 2.1 Tablet PC,MID, Multi-touch Capacitive Screen , 256MB DDR2 RAM, 600MH CPU, G-Sensor, Wifi, HDMI
http://www.**********/gpad-g16-andr...a-thin-7-wifi-gsensor-hdmi-output_p47814.htmlgPad G16 - Android 2.1 Tablet, Double Touch Screen, Ultra Thin, 7", Wifi, G-sensor, HDMI Output
gPad Pro - Android2.2 Tablet PC, Multi-touch Capacitive Screen, Built in Camera, Flash10.1, 9.7",512MB DDR2 RAM, 800MHZ CPU,G-Sensor, 1080P, Wifi
aPad A8 - Android2.2 Tablet PC,MID,Flash10.1, Wifi ,8" Touch Screen , 1 GHz ARM CPU , 512MB DDR2 RAM, 1080P, Multi-taskhttp://www.**********/apad-a8-andro...pu-512mb-ddr2-ram-1080p-multitask_p47756.html

PGB54

Dec 20, 2010
Have been using the Archos 101 for a couple weeks now.

Definitely recommend it.
Ships right now with Android 2.1 but 2.2 is available to upgrade on the Archos website.
After upgrading to 2.2, installed Market and then Flash 10.1
This one is designed for multimedia, and watching videos on it is awesome.

It has 8G or 16G storage (depending on which model you buy) compared to 4Gig on the Apad A8
According to Apad's website their screen is NOT multitouch while the Archos is.
The battery life on the Archos is over ten hours ( both by spec and my experience) when playing video or games.

The Archos seems to be a much better unit. It lives up to most of its advertised capabilities. However, it costs almost twice as much as the A8, so i guess it is up to you to decide if it is worth the extra cost.