i need helpwith archos 101

lcjcarr

Dec 26, 2011
hi there can anyone help me i bought 2 archos 101 internet tablets and i just cant get to download any apps from appslip its either sayin make sure you have enough space or sever conection the archos is a 4gb but i have a 8gb sd card in it what am i doing wrong any suggestions
thanks

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Howdy Welcome and I have moved this over to the Archos Sub-forum. This is the second time with AppsLib and no connection. Evidently they are getting slammed just like last year. You will need to be patient. This problem went away last year by Jan 1. But, it made for many unhappy Archos and other users who only had Appslib. Hint: Search on ArcTools once AppsLib quiets down.

Good Luck

lcjcarr

Dec 26, 2011
what do you mean lol didnt understand a single word..............someone pls help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lcjcarr

Dec 26, 2011
sorry didnt read the message my mind is running wild just now since i cant get them to work so do you think its just a server conection and i will have to wait

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Breathe Deep, Count to 100. The available application provider (AppsLib) on a 101 is overwhelmed and cannot keep up with the connection demand. This usually has been resolved by January 1 (which was the same situation on Appslib last year.) AppsLib is used by not just Archos as a Google Market alternative. It is installed on many other tablets. You can leave your tablet plugged in and turned on. It will likely get a firmware update while you just leave it alone. (It will need to be connected to a network for this to occur).

Soz for the situation, but there it is.

jamon

Dec 26, 2011
I cannot believe a company that is making money off of paid applications would have so many problems supporting the devices they bundle their software with. If they cannot keep up with the demand that the devices they allowed their product on, why the heck are they even in business.... I truly hate appslib at this point due to them not MANNING up and taking responsibility for their problems... instead i get a message saying Check memory and try again..... well my memory is fine, theirs is not... their error message should say, " sorry we are not prepared to handle the devices we put our software on and are unable to admit to this" EFFFFFFFF appslib

lcjcarr

Dec 26, 2011
Ok i found out that appslips server is down as gurgle did say but now i mannaged to download arctools from google then i downloaded market so woopie now i can download all the apps i want on my archos 101

DogOn13

Dec 27, 2011
Same issue here... I downloaded the Kindle app & Appstore from Amazon and have found all the apps I was looking for there and they are running great!