Hi From Virginia

Dargon

Jul 9, 2010
Hi i am new to the Android Tablet world i just order a tablet from euogo.com and would like to know if someone has it, and if they like it, i like the spec from it i order it this are the spec;

New 7 Inch Google Android Tablet Notebook with Camera, WIFI, External USB, Support Internet Cable, IWEB
item#: TPGA-718

Hot Spot

7 Inch Touch Screen (800*480)

Official Android Market (NEW!)

WIFI

Support Multi Task

Camera

External USB Port - one USB/Internet Adapter allow you to use various peripherals

Support Internet Cable - Alternative to WIFI, you can use Internet Cable to access internet!!

This video shows how keyboard and mouse work.

Specifications

Operation System: Android 1.6 OS

Screen: 7 Inch 800 * 480 160dpi Touch Screen

Memory: 225M/618MB

CPU: ARM926EJ-S REV 5(V5L)

Sensor: WM8505 3-AXIS ACCELEROMETER 3.0

Sockets: 1 * SD Card Socket

1 * Audio Port

1 * Microphone Port

1 * Data Port which can connect with USB Cable, Internet Cable

Flash: Support

Google map

Browser: Google Browser, Opera Mini (You can install others by yourself)

Office: Word To Go, Sheet To Go, Slideshow To Go, PDF To Go (You can install others by yourself).

Media player: Music Player, Video Player, Image Browser

Mail: Android Email, POP3/IMAP/SMTP

Other Software: Google Maps, Calendar, Contacts, and much free software for Android.

G-sensor: Support

Online Video: Support

Android Software Installer, you can download any APK software and install it. Also it has an APP Market.

We will collect various Android APPs and provide you to download freely, and provide you better and better after-sale services.

What is in the Package

1 * New Android Tablet IWEB

1 * USB/Internet Adapter

1 * Charger

parth34

Jul 20, 2010
Hi i am new to the Android Tablet world i just order a tablet from euogo.com and would like to know if someone has it, and if they like it, i like the spec from it i order it this are the spec;

New 7 Inch Google Android Tablet Notebook with Camera, WIFI, External USB, Support Internet Cable, IWEB
item#: TPGA-718

Hot Spot

7 Inch Touch Screen (800*480)

Official Android Market (NEW!)

WIFI

Support Multi Task

Camera

External USB Port - one USB/Internet Adapter allow you to use various peripherals

Support Internet Cable - Alternative to WIFI, you can use Internet Cable to access internet!!

This video shows how keyboard and mouse work.

Specifications

Operation System: Android 1.6 OS

Screen: 7 Inch 800 * 480 160dpi Touch Screen

Memory: 225M/618MB

CPU: ARM926EJ-S REV 5(V5L)

Sensor: WM8505 3-AXIS ACCELEROMETER 3.0

Sockets: 1 * SD Card Socket

1 * Audio Port

1 * Microphone Port

1 * Data Port which can connect with USB Cable, Internet Cable

Flash: Support

Google map

Browser: Google Browser, Opera Mini (You can install others by yourself)

Office: Word To Go, Sheet To Go, Slideshow To Go, PDF To Go (You can install others by yourself).

Media player: Music Player, Video Player, Image Browser

Mail: Android Email, POP3/IMAP/SMTP

Other Software: Google Maps, Calendar, Contacts, and much free software for Android.

G-sensor: Support

Online Video: Support

Android Software Installer, you can download any APK software and install it. Also it has an APP Market.

We will collect various Android APPs and provide you to download freely, and provide you better and better after-sale services.

What is in the Package

1 * New Android Tablet IWEB

1 * USB/Internet Adapter

1 * Charger

Have u recivied urs?

does it have camera? and whats battery life?

is it good product? is it worth buying?

mattgsx

Jul 20, 2010
Mine should be coming in tomorrow, unless I pick it up tonight from the post office. I'll play around with it a bit and post my findings.

tsn

Jul 20, 2010
I ordered the same thing today, I can't wait to get my hands on it! If anyone gets there's soon, post some stats, how you like it etc. Whether you hacked it and got root etc :)

SocalAndroid

Jul 21, 2010
Purchased one from eBay 2.5 weeks ago (shipped for $118) & just received it yesterday. Since this's my firrst apad, I'm still trying to get familar with this new apad. I don't have anything to compare with for the speed, but it feels a bit sticky & lags with a second of response time or may be less. May be I need to apply a right touch & pressure on a screen in order to get better response from this device. So far everything is working without glitches. Ethernet and wifi are working without any problems. I can get on the internet, browse the webs. You can display the websites with 'm' or 'full' version. Google map is working, with traffic updates, & etc. The wifi doesn't have AES encryption, & the ethernet does not have MAC address. The manual does not say how long the battery should be charged (just said charge it until the LED turns green). I left the device with wifi on & just let it used up the battery. After 3 hours of charging, the LED remains on red, I check the battery status on an apad, it's 100%. BE VERY VERY CAREFUL!!!...It seems the LED willl NEVER turn green even after the battery is actually fully charged up. A stock microSD card (2GB) has some mechanical issues since it would not eject from a TF slot. When you push it in, it goes in further. It's a pain in the rear trying to remove it from the TF slot. Two ways to get it out by either using a tweezer to remove it or hold a device with one hand & gently hit it on other hand (the vibration helps shaking a mircroSD card out, then remove it with your finger nails). I have an old microSD card, it works fine with this device electrically & mechanically. This device has serious heating problem on the back cover (behind the external ports). The temperature can easily reach more than 122F after runing less than 30 minutes at idle mode. There's one more issue, a connector of a stock battery charger is a bit too long. It won't go all the way into the charging port of this apad, which causing lose connection while the battery is charging.

Last edited:

mattgsx

Jul 20, 2010
Thanks for the heads up on the issues. I'm still waiting on mine (should have been delivered today, but my post office still hasn't gotten the package... grr). I haven't heard anyone else complain about the heat issues, but it still can't be as bad as my old Pavillion ze that I sold to buy this tablet.

I'm curious to see if anyone has successfully flashed this thing with custom software.

tsn

Jul 20, 2010
I'm curious to see if anyone has successfully flashed this thing with custom software.

Yeah I am curious as well. I am definitely wanting to put something custom on it, even if I have to develop it myself, which I need some help with, but more than anxious to try.

mattgsx

Jul 20, 2010
Also, to reduce confusion, the only actual APad is a Rockchip device, not an ARM device. It's generally branded as a Moonse product. Everything else should be referred to as a tablet, and usually by the processor and RAM.

Mine is still listed as being enroute from San Fransisco, but it should have arrived to the bulk mail facility last night. Either it got mis-routed or I'm going to have to demand a replacement for a lost package pretty soon.

joshua.lyon

Jun 11, 2010
Also, to reduce confusion, the only actual APad is a Rockchip device, not an ARM device. It's generally branded as a Moonse product. Everything else should be referred to as a tablet, and usually by the processor and RAM.

Mine is still listed as being enroute from San Fransisco, but it should have arrived to the bulk mail facility last night. Either it got mis-routed or I'm going to have to demand a replacement for a lost package pretty soon.
The RockChip 2808 is an ARM based processor.

I think what you were trying to say is the VIA / WM8505 processors, which are also ARM based, are not as powerful as the 'real' aPad with the RockChip.

In fact, both processors identify themselves similarly within system tests: ARM926EJ-S

mattgsx

Jul 20, 2010
Yes. Thank you for the clarification.

Just got my tablet in today. I'm setting it up now. A little disappointed that it didn't actually have Word2Go and Sheet2Go as advertised, but meh. Touchscreen is not incredibly responsive, but it's much better than my last mp3 player and it's accurate. Dragging works.

I'm going to install a terminal to see if I can get a better idea of the specs, and I'll post them if I do, but this seems to be worth what I spent (118 + mem card + shipping).

I'm not having the problems SocialAndroid had with either the mem card slot, the LED, or the heating, but I'll report any other problems and more findings when I have a chance.

Edit: Wi-Fi is causing this thing to overload and crash easily. I'm going to try to kill/disable some running processes and see if that helps.

Last edited:

mattgsx

Jul 20, 2010
For anyone who buys this tablet:

1. Multi-task is supported, to an extent. Having music play while surfing the Internet, for example, works. There are some serious resource allocation issues having to do with data syncing, which I'll explain below.
2. Dragging is a bit difficult. Since the whole screen is active, it will take some getting used to in order to drag without selecting things.
3. Wi-fi works fine, but the internal antenna is weaker than a traditional laptop antenna.
4. Very little firmware change was done from the standard Android package. Android treats this device as a phone that can't make calls.
5. There are settings for 3G, but I don't have a 3G network, so I can't verify whether or not this works.
6. Data Sync: Before trying to use the Android Marketplace or any embedded Google App, sign into (or create) a Google account thru menu->settings->data sync. After your account is registered, disable automatic syncing.
Here's why:
Auto-sync takes up almost all available resources. As a result, when trying to use a synced application, the device crashes, loses sync, restarts, and messes up all other services. Once that happens, you can no longer use the official Marketplace. If you do sync and crash, you'll either need to re-sync manually or reset your Google Account settings and log back in. Since all Google apps can be accessed from a browser anyway, continuous sync isn't really necessary.
7. Third-party marketplace requires registration. I don't have the name of the marketplace, but it's decent. It's not specific to this device or family of devices, so there's no more guarantee an App will work than the Google marketplace.
8. If the official Marketplace stops working (downloads won't queue or start after entering the queue) you have little choice but to clear your Google Apps cache, sign back in, and then re-enter the marketplace.
9. Boot time is longer than shown in videos, but it's not a long delay. It's just worth pointing that out.
10. Based on experiences people have had w/ similar devices, I wouldn't use hibernate. Just to be safe.
11. To maximize battery life, turn down display, set the display lock time to 30 seconds, and use the menu button to unlock option. I'm trying to figure out how to turn off the stupid vibration, but some of the advanced keyboard settings are in Mandarin no matter what region I select.

Last edited:

mcdonaa

Jul 23, 2010
Many thanks for these tips Matt - I should be receiving one of these devices today (ordered from Euogo.com). I presume this is the device you have just bought?

New 7 Inch Google Android Tablet Notebook with Camera, WIFI, External USB, Support Internet Cable, IWEB - US$117.40 : Euogo.com

Obviously this is a very cheap tablet, and there doesnt appear to be much information out there on the processor specs. I believe that it must be the Via chip for this money? Also, its not obvious what clock speed its running at...I've seen specs from 400 Mhz to 600Mhz. Is the device resposive enough? I'm mainly going to use mine for a bit of internet surfing, and music playing - thats it really.

SocalAndroid

Jul 21, 2010
Has anybody disassembled this apad yet? I wonder where the battery is located, just behind a home button or located on the upper part?

mattgsx

Jul 20, 2010
mcdonaa,

For the money, this tablet isn't bad at all. It probably is running a VIA, but I'm having trouble staying synced with the Android marketplace, so I don't have a terminal app yet. It does, in fact, have the full 256MB memory advertised, but I'm not sure about the processor. Once it's been "broken in" and used for a few hours, the touch screen is very responsive (for a resistive screen, at least).

If you kill wi-fi (for when offline) and lower the backlight, I could see getting at least 4 hours out of the battery. I still haven't tried hibernate, but I can leave it on standby for about 6-8 hours on a full charge.

I've solved most of the issues I had with the tablet crashing/force killing applications by disabling the sync function. I run 4 mail accounts through gmail, all with separate POP server.

The Android Market problem I'm having apparently isn't unique to this device; Google, I guess, has a lot of trouble with authenticating users for the Marketplace, which is pretty lame.

Video playback seems to work fine, but low-res is a must to avoid any skipping.

I also tried running DroidEMU, but it's extremely laggy. Games native to Android seem to work okay, but SNES emulation is out, at least for now.

Hope that helps.

Eckhart

Jul 24, 2010
Just a question, is there a problem if I leave it plugged in and charging most of the time?

I've choosed to have wifi when the screen turns black in order to get my mail pushed (through K9, great app). But if I want to do this, I have to let it charging all the time, I'm assuming that once the battery is full, the charger only gives electricity to the system (i.e. it won't overload the battery as it happens on the laptops), but better if I'm sure.