Hilo and a brief ?

Dreamspawn

Nov 27, 2010
I've been doing some research on here, looking over the tablets by chipset sticky more then care to remeber lol. Im thinking of picking up a ZT180 or Zethink its not hella expensive but does have 2.1 on it. The main use of the tablet would be when g/f is on pc for me to just browse the web,facebook etc. BUT i want to know is there a app or will it stream media over my network play it? My xbox,wii, and i-phone all do and thats the big seller i'm looking for...

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Unfortunately, there is only a VLC streaming app that I am aware which is stable. I do not but cannot describe a future OS version which has better streaming, but it is something in progress.

Keep in mind, The Tablet GPU and CPU are NOT the same as what is on your PC, XBox, WII,.... The processor is trying to resolve the network processes and the potentially intense graphics.
The next gen multi-core such as the Samsung S5/S7/... or the Qualcomm Snapdragon or the next gen ARM chips will be able to perform what you are desiring. These will be available after the first of the year and into next year.

The ZenithInk will not meet your needs

Dreamspawn

Nov 27, 2010
Wow that kinda shocks me, i understand the whole cpu/gpu thing i've been around the pc world for years now lol. Even a laptop a pentium 3 laptop could stream i dont see why a tablet running a less strenuous OS couldn't or is it the lack of software.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
The Archos 70 and 101 support streaming videos over DLNA, but only up to 720p. The interface is quite nice.

These tablets are not designed to be powerful computing devices, but power efficient packages.