How about the my-X-pad??

Sako7STW

Nov 30, 2010
I came across this pad last week and went back to take a second look. It really does seam to be a very nicely equiped pad. I called them and left a message today and they called me back within 10 minutes! Like we have heard, you can polish a turd and thats all you end up with is a polished turd. The genteleman admitted it to have problems in the 2.1 days but is running very smoothly now. He said they are a bit backed up after the black friday sale but will be getting caught up soon, just like it says on their site. He said each unit is sent to them in CT, each unit is tested, Android market is installed (I think thats what he said, bad connection), repackaged, and then sent to you. It is not drop shipped by the China supplier where the chance of a DOA is much higher. I like that. I asked if the $250 was the best deal they could do and he said they are probably going to run a holiday sale that would ensure delivery before Christmas. If they could get this puppy down to say $225 to my door so it is more comparable in price to the Herotab Mid816, I will have one on my way to the door I think.

What you all think?

Here is the link to there site:
Welcome to my-X-pad, 7" Android 2.2, 800 Mhz, 32GB, HDMI,1080p, GPS, Camera - my-X-Pad.com - The value leader, Android 2.2, 800 Mhz multi-touch Tablet PC

He said to like them on Facebook as that's how the best way to know of their sale.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
At that price, this is almost a scam.

A TCC8902 Android 2.1 remarked to Android 2.2 type of scam.

This is just the $140 Haipad MID701

We aren't idiots here. Don't try anything stupid. We have a policy here for advertisement. I apologize if this was a legitimate question though.

Sako7STW

Nov 30, 2010
XAUEIOUS, I was hoping you would reply to this with your knowledge of tablets. This was a totally legit question with only a report of my dealings with them. I am simply a Dad in Wyoming trying to find the best bang for the budget for a tablet for my daughter. The budget is tight this year and I simply really want a good tablet that will work well for my daughter without too many headaches. I am sure she will be doing the surfing the web, listening to music, and social networking with it. Personally I see many tablets out there priced higher than a laptop and netbooks and frankily I think it is pretty stupid to spend that much on something that cant do anything close to what a laptop will do. We just bought a nicely equipped new Toshiba laptop for our son that was $299 (Best Buy!). My daughter however is a bit young to need a laptop so i want to go this route as a precursor to a laptop. I am an Apple freak and I would buy her an Ipad in an instant if they were about half the cost of what they are. I can appreciate your addvertising comment on here and do accept your appology, now how bout helping me and Teegun on here, as he seams to be looking for about the same as I am, find a tablet to spend our money on and make our kids happy????? I think I can speak for him when I say we trust your judgment.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Well my recommendations are in this thread: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...d-tablet-buying-list-what-get-what-avoid.html

I hope that helps. I do not recommend shanzhai and Chinese imports if you are a first time buyer without too much Android experience.

We have quite a bit of info here already. If you still have questions just ask.

I do not think tablets should necessarily be cheaper than netbooks, because they are a different type of device. If you choose to spend less, you are getting an inferior device. Trust us when we tell you this.

teegunn

Nov 28, 2010
Even though xaueious seems to be more negative than positive about many of the current android offerings out there, I tend to agree with him "from the research I have been doing" that most of these chinese tablets will be glitchy. I am a pretty experienced android user (droid X and droid incredible owner) and have modded both my phones (root, etc). That being said it is still VERY hard to find the right tablet, from a trustworthy vendor, for a decent price. Right now the Hero MID 816n2.2 is at the top of my list, but since it is the first offering of this tablet I expect user reviews to find it glitchy. I am heavily leaning towards this tablet: Herotab M802/APAD IMX515 Android 2.2 Flash 10.1 800MHz Gsensor A8 CPU+FREE Leather Case because it seems to offer 2.2 with flash 10.1 along with a pretty responsive touch screen (only single resistive unfortunately). But watching the video of this tablet on merrimobiles I thought it looked pretty responsive. I am still scouring the net for a better option however. I figure I have about a week to decide if I have any chance of getting two of these before xmas. I have a feeling even a few months from now the offerning of 2.2 tablets will be much better than what we have now. I would wait to buy, but need these for xmas gifts.
clear1x1.gif

Sako7STW

Nov 30, 2010
teegunn, my research seams to be coming back to those same 2 tablets. I chatted with whoever at merimobiles and they indicated they were going to have more offerings within the week, some with capacitive screens and such and to be patient to take a look at them. they also indicated that on paper the MID816 is their best offer for the money but still urged me to wait to see the other new releases. So I am giving it some time but time is running short, they better get their Arse's moving!! Those reindeer don't wait for noone!

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Weighing in, not so much defense for Xaueious (As he defends himself quite well without my help). I think the available tablet market still breaks down into three types of tablets as I have described in my posts. a. Stay away, b. Buy Only if you are an Android Geek/experienced/fearless, and c. User ready. Teegun said it quite well. Almost every tablet easily available is glitchy. Only the units released which are more expensive have the stability.

That stated I like the Herotab/M series of the M8xxx. What I do not trust is the tablet model newness. My fear is they will have their own level of glitchiness. I am speaking from experience of the WITs series A81 and the X5A series. These units are both still in production but have been improved upon. The thing neither have is a stable support model like the Samsung Galaxy or even the Archos will have. I am not berating Merimobiles. I bought from them. I am saying they are a single storefront for dropshipping and support. They do not keep a complete inventory on hand. It will likely be shipped from China.

We need a tablet with the reliability of the Droid and the associated vendor based support model. Otherwise, you get the suspicious nature of some of us. Or my continued statement "Yes, it can be done, search the forum or Google it, the fix is posted." That is not the way support should be provided.

All of us have Android Fever to a certain extent, and it is coupled with the holiday gift need. If you order from a vendor, they may say they have it, but verify it is in their warehouse/shop and not in a warehouse in China. This is a common situation. This is especially true for some sellers.

I know I will be envious of the Acer Tablet, the Lenovo Tablet.... and all the other tablets with true Multi-core processors. The Cortex A8 is likely the best single core unit right now for compatibility. But that is my opinion. I will be happy with my Archos for what it does and accept it for what it cannot.

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
I saw a Google advertisement in my Gmail about that website... I looked at it and left in about 5 seconds after I saw how it looked. Kind of scared me a bit ;)