¿How can I disable the searching for a mobile signal?

kzka

Dec 27, 2010
I got a new Samsung Galaxy Tab from Verizon, and I will be out of the United States for a very long time, I am going to Mexico, so I don't think I will have signal over there and my galaxy tab will keep searching for a mobile signal, and that means that my battery will finish really fast, because it will keep searching and searching and searching. I was wondering how I would be able to disable the search of the signal so I don't run out of battery really fast.

Thanks in advance!

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Put your tablet into Airplane Mode, this will turn WiFi, Cell and BT off. You can then individually enable the service that you want (such as WiFi).

Rock67

Dec 10, 2010
Or hold down your power button and diable the mobile conection there, and when you need it back on, just do the same

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Android Tablet Forum App

Rock67

Dec 10, 2010
It has a bug because he asked how to turn off mobile data????
Now that makes sence.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Android Tablet Forum App

fishstick600

Jul 26, 2010
ya just put it in airplane mode and you'll be golden. Like said above hold down the power button until a option menu pops up and select airplane mode, it will stay enabled until you turn it off again even after a restart.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy tablet using Tapatalk

abredt

Jan 4, 2011
What is Data network mode?

I have a Verizon tab and I canceled the data plan to use it just in Wi-Fi mode.

Holding the Power button to get the menu - should I deactivate the "Data network mode" line?

Thanks, cb

Treez

Jan 1, 2011
Go into settings click "wireless and network" then click "moble networks" then uncheck "use packet data". This turns off 3G but still allows you to have access to wifi.

Sent from my SGH-I987 using Android Tablet Forum App

specmac

Oct 19, 2010
Go into settings click "wireless and network" then click "moble networks" then uncheck "use packet data". This turns off 3G but still allows you to have access to wifi.

This is exactly what "deactivate Data network mode" line does from the hold power button down menu. Just fewer clicks to accomplish the same thing.

Last edited: