How can i do with my android Tablet

melodylin

Apr 8, 2013
I have download some mkv videos, and want to convert them into my Nexus 7. I know Nexus 7 doesn't support MKV format, how can i do ?

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Hello there are apps in the play store that say they can play mkv files. Have you tried any of those?

Last edited:
D

dvdcatalyst

I have download some mkv videos, and want to convert them into my Nexus 7. I know Nexus 7 doesn't support MKV format, how can i do ?

If the MKV files you have are 720p or less, a player form Google Play such as Dice Player or MX Player might be able to play the video file. These players enable support for files that are normally not supported by Android, but it depends on the files themselves as to how they play. Especially with high-quality or high-resolution files you might run into playback issues.

Another option is to convert your MKV files to a supported filetype, along with the proper settings to make them work properly on the Nexus 7.

This guide should be able to assist you with that:

https://www.tools4movies.com/dvd-catalyst-asus-nexus-7-guide-2/

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum!

I have used MX Player, DicePlayer and BSPlayer to play mkv files.

On my Tegra2 tablet, MX Player works great. I know some users have had better luck on Tegra3 devices with BSPlayer vs MX Player.

However, I will say that DVD Catalyst is AWESOME software for the price. I use it all the time to get my DVDs to a digital copy that is playable on my tablet.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Melodylin, congratulations on your new Nexus 7 and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. Enjoy the forum and your new tablet.