How can I Root after 1.1.0 update?

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Thanks so much, it finally worked. I'm back to 1.0.

Ok nice! Now you can sideload the 1.0.1 update if its available if you want, then root it using the correct auto nooter. Once you are rooted I would check out the Clockwork Recovery sticky, it has many benefits including blocking the OTA update to 1.1.

tomtin

Jan 30, 2011
Thanks for the help. I think I'm just going to wait for a auto-nooter update. All that seems beyond my capabilities.

As for the comic situation, I fixed the issue. I had to go into device manager, uninstall the nook, then reconnect and then it was finally recognized by windows. Then I just went into Calibre and right clicked on the comic and selected send to device. Couldn't have been more easy once it was connected correctly.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
How do you side load the 1.01 update? I downloaded the 1.01 Nook complete restore. It is a zip file I downloaded from XDA [RECOVERY][ZIP] Nook Color Restore to stock - xda-developers Can I copy the file or does the disc need to be imaged with WinImage? Insight here appreciated.

That is not the correct file. That thread on xda is to recovery restore image for those running Clockworkmod Recovery and messed up their NC. You are not rooted and just want to sideload the 1.0.1 update, you need this file:http://images.barnesandnoble.com/presources/download/nookcolor/v1.0.1/Sideload_update.zip

-place the zip file on the root directory of your internal storage
-then put your NC to sleep one or two times and the update will start to install
-Then you will be ready to root or re-root your NC

Untitled20-1.png

formal instructions:
Installing the 1.0.1 update on a rooted NC - nookDevs

Joeff

Feb 1, 2011
Hold the power button down as soon as you see "future" thing. When the boot is interrupted and device doesn't boot up, it will go black. You may see some boot animation, but let go when screen goes black. Tap power button to turn back on again. Hold once you see "future" thing again. Repeat until the you see reflash "installing" animation. *sorry edited my post

Stelv I followed the steps but when I check the device info there was no software version it says unavailable...what's happening please I need help asap...

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Stelv I followed the steps but when I check the device info there was no software version it says unavailable...what's happening please I need help asap...

Sounds like you only did step one of the factory resetting. If you don't do step 2, which is wipe data, you will see software "unavailable". I know b/c I forgot to do step 2 once myself. The 8 resets is just step 1, which is re-imaging the NC, replacing system files. After 8 resets, turn off and power on, holding the power and "n" to perform step 2. See tutorial and follow steps exactly: Flash back to clean stock ROM - nookDevs

Joeff

Feb 1, 2011
Sounds like you only did step one of the factory resetting. If you don't do step 2, which is wipe data, you will see software "unavailable". I know b/c I forgot to do step 2 once myself. The 8 resets is just step 1, which is re-imaging the NC, replacing system files. After 8 resets, turn off and power on, holding the power and "n" to perform step 2. See tutorial and follow steps exactly: Flash back to clean stock ROM - nookDevs

Thanks to you rico, you're absolutely right I just did the first part now I'm up and running at 1.0.0...Right now I'm on the process of loading the 1.0.1...

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Thanks to you rico, you're absolutely right I just did the first part now I'm up and running at 1.0.0...Right now I'm on the process of loading the 1.0.1...

Your welcome, glad to help.

When I did first forgot to do both steps once, I was scratching my head for an hour and a half before the light bulb went off. :)

You live and learn.

jinnijinn

Jan 31, 2011
I rooted my NC; it had 1.0 version on it. Are there advantages to upgrading to 1.0.1 and then rooting?