How do I set up my 3g modem dial up settings

2234jones

Nov 17, 2010
I have recently purchased a Superpad 10.2" Flytouch II and have a Huawei e1750 usb wireless modem. The issue I have is where do I set up the dial settings for it to connect to the internet?

I have gone to Settings/Wireless and network settings/3G setting/

There is no where for any APN settings and I can turn on and off the 3G network, however it continues to state the modem is disconnected.

The light is flashing on the modem to indicate a network, and I have read other posts and even disabled the CD rom and card reader on the modem, however this does not seem to work.

Is there a way I can set the modem to dial the internet or can some one recommend a network connection app.

I have searched the net, and as yet do not have an answer, thanks in advance Mark

joeanne

Dec 7, 2010
[hi cud sum one please help b4 i throw this tablet out the window. bought it for my son for xmas im tryin to get it hooked up to the internet through my 3g connection everything iv tried isnt working. i phoned 3g they told me i have to buy a wi-fi modem for €70 i dont want to run out and buy it incase it wont work anyway. it says that my tablet is only compatable with certain huawei dongles my one wasnt on the list!
please help.

2234jones

Nov 17, 2010
at this stage i have purchased a 3g usb modem wireless router for $54-00 so i can use the modem until i get an answer

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
The majority of tablets which do not have an integrated 3G SIM/MicroSIM (Huawei S7, Samsung) depend upon the firmware and hardware capability and compatability to use a 3G Modem. Many list 3G Modem capability but come up short when attempting. There are well known issues with units such as almost all sold on E-Bay stating 3G capable but come up short in reality. This is due to the specific compatibility with a limited number or even no compatibility with the available 3G Modems available.

The only consistent solution at this time is either using a 3G/4G 802.11x Access Point, ad-hoc WLAN connection or tethering to a phone using Bluetooth. Unless there is a known compatible 3G modem, you would be better considering a WiFi connection.

GuiTTo

Jan 3, 2011
I have recently purchased a Superpad 10.2" Flytouch II and have a Huawei e1750 usb wireless modem. The issue I have is where do I set up the dial settings for it to connect to the internet?

There is no where for any APN settings and I can turn on and off the 3G network, however it continues to state the modem is disconnected.

The light is flashing on the modem to indicate a network, and I have read other posts and even disabled the CD rom and card reader on the modem, however this does not seem to work.

Is there a way I can set the modem to dial the internet or can some one recommend a network connection app.

I have searched the net, and as yet do not have an answer, thanks in advance Mark

Hi,
You need to install APN Manager app from market
then you must configure one APN according to your provider's settings and set this as default APN (it's if the one)
then it will work!!
Bye
GuiTTo

min10-2008

Dec 21, 2010

Mark, can't you contact yr ISP & see if they can do a work around for you? Just a thought. Good luck

Mark have you contacted yr ISP to see if they know of a work around, there are literally 1000's of these tabs on the market so ISP's will have to have some sort of knowledge surely?

cubatoide

May 25, 2011
hola amigos!
soy nuevo. tengo una flytouch 2 y huawei e 1750 que ya solo funciona como modem gracias al hyperterminal, pero al meterlo en la tbl no me lo reconoce.
Que puedo hacer?

drbram

Jan 18, 2011
Put the 3GSIM in an Andoid phone ,teeth it for which free software is available inxAdroid mrket ,your phone works as a WiFi HOTSPOT to connect easily to your tablet/apad.

Sent from my imx51_bbg using Android Tablet Forum

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
hola amigos!
soy nuevo. tengo una flytouch 2 y huawei e 1750 que ya solo funciona como modem gracias al hyperterminal, pero al meterlo en la tbl no me lo reconoce.
Que puedo hacer?

Lo siento, pero tratamos de hablar Inglés aqui. Gracias