How do you use tethering options?

zarahlin

Dec 27, 2010
I've been reading here about tethering your computers to your phone, and was wondering how this is done. Those of you who do this, do you pay extra to be able to tether your computers and tablets to your phone? My husband and I have Blackberry phones under the Verizon Plan. Specs on our phones are: Blackberry 9630, Smartphone (3G, CDMA) v5.0.0.975 (Bundle 1600, Platform 4.2.0.424) Verizon mentioned to us today that there would be an extra charge for us to do this. We've been thinking about getting rid of our wireless and just use tethering. I just don't know the first thing about it though. Is there a way around not paying the additional fee?

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
first think i would recommend getting android phones through verizon and if you want the best for tethering then get the droid incredible, there are ways to tether your blackberry to your pc with out paying more for service its called pda net PdaNet -- Use your BlackBerry as a USB Modem they have a free version. but if you want to tether your blackberry to your tablets i will just say its not possible. but if you do get droid incredible's then come back and pm me and i will help you set it up

zarahlin

Dec 27, 2010
Thanks, probbiethe1. I was messing about with hooking up the bluetooth from my Blackberry to my Mac, and it worked, BUT a Verizon screen came up with the pay options. The Droid Incredible is the phone I've had my eye on, but I'm not due for an upgrade until May. Thank you so much for your offer to help me set this up for tethering. I may just take you up on this offer. I hope you'll be around in May! :)

moxiebee

Dec 28, 2010
I use PDANet on my android 1 phone you can find it on the internet, then mount your phone to pc, pc sw will auto install. Thats it, oh you might have to go to moto and download the driver. If interested I have the driver will be glad to share. No extra charge I think of it as just mounting to the pc to use a larger screen.