How to confiqure proxy setting for WIFI.

Carbira1

Aug 7, 2010
Hello when I was trying to connect my gentouch to the internet at school, you need to enter proxy settings. I could not find where to enter the proxy settings. Help!

Thanks

Carbira1

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
Hate to say but I don't believe android will do proxies natively.... but if u have a working android market... I think there's an app there that will allow them. Just do a search for proxy...

Sorry to be vague... I only came across the app in passingg looking for a proxy style tehering app for my Droid...

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Proxy Server by IP or buy name like myuniv.tc.net:5050 with a port to be open. You have something like that? Are you using a wireless router in your dorm room. I was looking deeper into WiFi Buddy that's in Powertools you can configure to use Static IP, Subnet Mask Gateway, DNS1, DNS2 You can also add VPN (Virtual Private Network). But you use a proxy server to get out.

Try this WiFi Proxy Settings for Android which you need to download and install.

58692_432640087948_579882948_5168338_8108627_n.jpg

Last edited:

Carbira1

Aug 7, 2010
Yes I need proxy settings to use the internet at school. On your site it says that the app is not for WIFI. Does this work on wifi now?

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
I've installed it it does say WiFi Proxy Settings. I am not behind a Proxy Server so I can't test it you would need to test it and report back here your results. Thanks

Carbira1

Aug 7, 2010
Unfortunately my gentouch's screen has a bad dead spot that calibration will not fix so I will be returning it tomorrow. When I get a new tablet I will test it!

Gellomonkey

Mar 13, 2012
Source of the following excerpt: Connect to Wi-Fi networks - Android OS Help [h=3]Configure proxy settings for a Wi-Fi network[/h]Some network administrators require you to connect to internal or external network resources via a proxy server. By default, the Wi-Fi networks you add are not configured to connect via a proxy, but you can change that for each Wi-Fi network you've added.
Proxy settings are used by Browser but may not be used by other apps.

1. Touch & hold a network in the list of Wi-Fi networks you've added.
  2. Touch Modify network in the dialog that opens.
  3. Select Show advanced options.
  4. If the network has no proxy settings, touch None under Proxy Settings, then touch Manual in the menu that opens.
  5. Enter the proxy settings supplied by your network administrator.
  6. Touch Save.
The proxy settings apply only to the Wi-Fi network you modified. To change the proxy settings for other Wi-Fi networks, modify them individually.

Gellomonkey

Mar 13, 2012
Source of the following excerpt: Connect to Wi-Fi networks - Android OS Help Configure proxy settings for a Wi-Fi network

Some network administrators require you to connect to internal or external network resources via a proxy server. By default, the Wi-Fi networks you add are not configured to connect via a proxy, but you can change that for each Wi-Fi network you've added.
Proxy settings are used by Browser but may not be used by other apps.

1. Touch & hold a network in the list of Wi-Fi networks you've added.
  2. Touch Modify network in the dialog that opens.
  3. Select Show advanced options.
  4. If the network has no proxy settings, touch None under Proxy Settings, then touch Manual in the menu that opens.
  5. Enter the proxy settings supplied by your network administrator.
  6. Touch Save.

The proxy settings apply only to the Wi-Fi network you modified. To change the proxy settings for other Wi-Fi networks, modify them individually.​