How to hibernate?

wmwinn

Aug 22, 2010
What is the secret to getting your tablet to hibernate? I see a screen timeout setting, but what needs to be set in the Android OS to allow the device to go into hibernation mode?

I'm getting tired of powering on/off every time. If other users have their tablets sleeping or hibernating - please share!

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
By Default, Hibernate is dependent upon the version of Firmware. Some units have Hibernate as a default when you press the power button. Others do not offer hibernate. I would say without more knowledge, your firmware build for your tablet does not offer hibernate.

I will say there are some who have had problems with Hibernation. And I have found during my evaluations, Hibernation does not really shorten startup time all that much.

But you may find hibernate useful

wmwinn

Aug 22, 2010
Thanks, Gurgle. I do see an option for SLEEP on the power button, but right now I have it set to HOME.... which is a very nice feature to get back to the home screen quickly. Is SLEEP the same thing as hibernate on the Android OS? My Haipad firmware build is #320, if that helps to understand more.