How to install apps on APAD?

someone

Sep 7, 2010
Hi,

I got the Chinese Apad, and I have no idea how to install apps on it.
Can someone guide me as to where to get started?

It has some browser on it, but it doesn't support flash.
How do I install a browser that I can install flash on?

The tablet doesn't seem very useful for some reason.
Freezes quite a bit.
The only thing I was able to do on it, is check email (it fails to connect to server a lot), and play a movie from a USB stick.

Carbira1

Aug 7, 2010
you should have a app that says "market" that is your app store. Let me know if you do not.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
like carbria1 said you should have a market to download apps if that doesnt work look up the thread " how to side load apps if your market wont work " flash is only supported in android 2.2 which as of right now is only on the wits a81e soon to be on others. so you cant get flash on your tablet you might be able to install flash lite or try skyfire browser it is suppose to play most flash videos. try playing movies off an sd card and make sure the video quality is very low as your tablet probably cant play high quality video

someone

Sep 7, 2010
How do I check the specs?

This tablet is really not good.

I have SkyFire, but I wasn't able to play YouTube on it.

How do I check the specs on it?

freeder

Aug 20, 2010
For a start you can go to Setting ---> About Device. You will get some info there. You shold have a manual that spells out the specs... hope this help.

Sent from my M701 using Tapatalk

someone

Sep 7, 2010
There's no manual that came with this.

In the "About Phone" it says:
Model Number p7901a
Firmware version 2.1-update1
Baseband version: Unknown
Kernel version 2.6.32.9

vladimir

Sep 16, 2010
You can do it two ways.
One way is to go to a website of the application you want to download it and download it from the website directly. You can ether do it on your aPad itself or download the application on a PC and then transfer it via micro SD or flash disc.
Second way is to download the Market applicaiton and use it to install applications. I have not found an easy way to download the market app yet.
Third way is to reload the android soft, it may have the market application itself. read more about it form here - Zenithink ZT-180 ipad device ROM development - xda-developers

Hope this helps

asylum

Nov 3, 2010
Even I, got a Chinese epad/apad recently. actually i dont know exactly what it's called bec. the package box only says "MID" on the side only. guys please help me on how to know what kind of tablet i bought couple of days back. the back of the tablet is plain silver and blank, no model number nor brand name. package box includes adapter and usb/ethernet port. i tried to plug it in my pc however my pc didnt even recognized the tablet or even popped saying "new found hardware" nothing!! how would i know the model / maker/ and version? is the version same as that of "built number??" please help me guys! thanks! can i upgrade the firmware and how and where to find games for my 7inch tablet? is mine so generic bec. it doesnt have a name? :(

loebis

Nov 3, 2010
model number generic
firmware version 1.6
kernel version 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty
build number 1.9
MID its not connect to any modem...

abw

Nov 5, 2010
model number generic
firmware version 1.6
kernel version 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty
build number 1.9
MID its not connect to any modem...

Mine is also same. It has an mrket app but it searches only chinease apps. Its developed by wondersoft (abou box says so). Also any app I downloadvdoes not appear any where in the system. Any solution?

Apple

Nov 11, 2010
I'm so confused about how these aPads work.

My aPad came with the Market app, so I downloaded YouTube but it won't play because it doesn't have Flash.

How do I get Flash on this aPad?
What does it mean when someone says "flashing your apad"?
Other posters say they have build 1.9, but mine is 1.7... How can I update?

Last edited:

j3ns

Dec 6, 2010
hi.. i want to install android OS 2.2 or 2.3 on my MID aPAD, but i dont know how... HELP ME
this are the specs of my MID aPAD

CPU VIA 8505
Operating System Android 1.6
Main CPU Frequency 800 MHZ
System Memory 256mb DDR RAM
System Storage Ram NAND Flash 1GB
Screen Size
7" touch panel display Resolution Native Pixel 800*480
WIFI
Support 2.4GHZ 802.11b/g

vijaykhai

Jun 19, 2010
Hi J3ns,
"i want to install android OS 2.2 or 2.3 on my MID aPAD, but i dont know how" .. I am NO expert, but I have read several places that And. 1.6 can NOT be upgraded to 2.x - sorry for the bad news. So no option except to learn to live with it. WHAT exactly are you trying to get from the tablet .. perhaps if you spell out your objectives somebody will find some answers.
Good luck.
Vijay

jepoydpogi

Dec 9, 2010
hey guys i need your help too....I just bought an Android 2.2 OS Tablet 8 Inch with Freescale iMX515 Cortex A8 Chi (with 512Mb DDR2) just like Brown_23 and mainly I bought it for viewing and editing Windows Excel Files in the field. I instaled both Documents to Go 2.0 and Quickoffice Connect Suite V3.3.74 but I been finding problems on both.
When opening Excel Files on Documents to Go 2.0 all the text files are being changed. For example a cell on the worksheet was labeled as "January" will be automatically changed to "Monday". This happens everytime I opened a file and different changes happens on every file, but basically the labels are being changed.
When using Quickoffice Connect Suite V3.3.74 when I open an Excel file and start editing suddenly it will automatically close the file and go back to "search" option then I have to reopen it again. Sometimes the file would automatically close just right after it opened, but most of the time it would automatically close while I am editing it....especially if I am editing it continuously. This action is random in timing but always happens...sometimes, just scrolling thru the file will cause it close automatically.

In addition to this, I also tried using Advance App Killer to make sure only the Quickoffice Connect Suite is running and the other apps are closed and opened the Quickoffice thru the Advance App Killer bu still the same thing happens. I also tried using the older version Quickoffice Connect Mobile Suite V3.2.40 but also the same thing happens.
I would appreciate if you can you pls. help me with this.