[How To] Install CyanogenMod / Phiremod Builds to Internal Storage

mooniegt

Feb 19, 2011
When watching fullscreen video, how do you get the buttons to come back after you've hidden them? After I get that figured out I can drop button saviour...

bluewhite79

Mar 21, 2011
Is the gapps referenced in teh OP still ok to use with cm7 stable? It looks like there is a newer version on their wiki page.

Rick09

Apr 7, 2011
When watching fullscreen video, how do you get the buttons to come back after you've hidden them? After I get that figured out I can drop button saviour...

In tablet tweaks set unhide button. I use volume down.

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

bluewhite79

Mar 21, 2011
well, i'm already in CM7. I guess i'll just reboot into recovery then flash.

So, another question. I just installed my purchased titanium pro and when i open the app drawer its not there. what gives?

JackOnan

Nov 18, 2010
Anyone else having problems with widgets not showing up in the list? I can't get Palmary Weather, Battery Left or Mini-Info to show up. This is after a long press on the home screen. I even installed Zeam and they're not there either. Tried cm_encore_full-61.zip and the stable update-cm-7.0.2-encore-signed.zip. No overclock. Used the 4GB SD image.

Update: I started over again and redid it using update-cm-7.0.2-encore-signed.zip and widgets are now showing, so not sure what the problem was but seems ok now.

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I have my Nook updated to Version 1.2 (Not rooted yet).
Do I need to wipe my Nook clean before I install CM7?

Nope, just follow the instructions for installing CM7 exactly and make sure you use a stable build unless you know what you are doing. It will replace whatever is on your nook without having to wipe. If you are not sure what you are doing read first because you are going to want to make a bootable CWR SD!

THEN BEFORE ANYTING ELSE MAKE A NANDROID OF YOUR STOCK 1.2!

JP

Abb0nz

Dec 31, 2010
Hi Team, I think I'm getting information overload so I have a couple of questions:

1) What is Nand? I've seen this mentioned a few times but haven't seen an explanation

2) What's the difference between CM7 and Phiremod?

3)What is eMMC? Again, I've seen this mentioned a few times but haven't seen an explanation

4) I have already done a backup using Titanium Backup but will need to use the uSD for the update to CM7/Phiremod. Am I correct in saying that I can transfer the backup to my PCs HDD, do the update, reinstall TB, transfer the data back to uSD and then restore?

Thanks in advance and sorry if I've repeated any questions from others.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hi Team, I think I'm getting information overload so I have a couple of questions:

1) What is Nand? I've seen this mentioned a few times but haven't seen an explanation

Do you mean nandroid? It is a complete back up of the entire state of the device through ClockworkMod Recovery.

2) What's the difference between CM7 and Phiremod?

CM7 is a vanilla version of Android and Phiremod is a tweaked version of CM7. Differences include themes, home launcher, included application, etc.

3)What is eMMC? Again, I've seen this mentioned a few times but haven't seen an explanation

eMMC = internal memory as opposed to memory on an SD card.

4) I have already done a backup using Titanium Backup but will need to use the uSD for the update to CM7/Phiremod. Am I correct in saying that I can transfer the backup to my PCs HDD, do the update, reinstall TB, transfer the data back to uSD and then restore?

Yes, you can copy the backup folder to your PC and then back to the SD card when you are ready to restore from it.

Thanks in advance and sorry if I've repeated any questions from others.

No problem. Just holler if you need anything else (ok don't litterally do that, just type a new post.)

JP

:D

Last edited:

Abb0nz

Dec 31, 2010
Thanks for the reply, that has cleared things up. I have one follow up Q, Do I need to install CM7 first and then update to Phiremod? Or can I go straight to Phiremod? Or, do I do both as part of the same install. Ok, that was actually three follow up Q's!
I'm currently running V1.01 rooted and am finally taking the plunge to update to the FroYo or Gingerbread version. But I have to admit that I'm a little nervous about it. I know enough about this sort of stuff to get myself into trouble, and quite often do! :) I also travel a lot for work and finding the time to sit down, read a heap about it and actually doing it is difficult sometimes as I don't want to screw it up.
Anyway, thanks for the help.