[RECOVERY] EXT4 Compatible Bootable Clockwork SD Card 0.1 (for CM7 Rom)

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Thanks faceman. What about flashing the nightly though? I was reading over on xda and it seems you don't have to format all the folders, meaning i shouldnt have to reset everything up? Is that correct, and how? Grrr, i hope im making sense. What i mean to say is how to just update with the nightlies, not have to start all over. thanks.

Edit- i chanced it. I just reformatted cache and installed new nightly after that. Works fine. Then I reinstalled over clock kernel same way as before. Works fine. From a general user stand pointing don't see any improvements with the nightly even though its 8 megs bigger. Still no video or YouTube, can't d/l paid apps. I'm gonna ride it out though and wait for improvements, I like this.

My previous post was exactly what you were looking for. Those steps are only for updates and not the initial install. Your "gamble" was ok, you don't have to format or wipe anything to apply the nightly update.

newellj79

Jan 4, 2011
Shoot, sorry faceman. I missed the part where it said "same as flashing nightly". :) thanks again for all your help. Loving cm7.

bratliff

Feb 5, 2011
EDIT.. pulled and reinserted it worked fine.. not sure.. windows bug.. I really need to learn ubunto..

ok so I flashed the 4gb image to my sd.. now I cannot copy over the zip files to it windows sees 1 partition. Ihave a 4gig card used diskimager. What have I done wrong?

Last edited:

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
EDIT.. pulled and reinserted it worked fine.. not sure.. windows bug.. I really need to learn ubunto..

ok so I flashed the 4gb image to my sd.. now I cannot copy over the zip files to it windows sees 1 partition. Ihave a 4gig card used diskimager. What have I done wrong?

if you flashed the 4gb image, than that 1 partition should be 4 gb big. Make sure you created the SD with the proper image file.

bratliff

Feb 5, 2011
It was all good, just had to eject then reinsert in the laptop..not sure what was going on.. I am downloading Titanium Backup now.. it went just fine.. OC'd to 1.1 and all.. Nice to see CM again, missed it on the Droid X.. Thank you again for all the assists, walkthrough's etc..

So to make a Nand backup I use that bootable SD?

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
It was all good, just had to eject then reinsert in the laptop..not sure what was going on.. I am downloading Titanium Backup now.. it went just fine.. OC'd to 1.1 and all.. Nice to see CM again, missed it on the Droid X.. Thank you again for all the assists, walkthrough's etc..

So to make a Nand backup I use that bootable SD?

Yea, I have a more detailed walkthrough I posted on XDA and will clean up for here soon, but for now check out: removed link (look here instead)

And there is a work around for the 'pop in the bootable SD for every update' issue, but for now, just follow the steps.

Last edited:

bratliff

Feb 5, 2011
Well its running, but everytime I launch Dolphin its crashing and shutting off.. oh well too late tonight.

I think its a launcher pro widget problem.. night all.

Last edited:

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
I do not know if this will come in handy and have not tried this, but a member over at xda had sent this info to me....

I have gone from a CM7 build back to an earlier backup. You have to have both the ext4 capable SD Card clockwork recovery image AND the regular SD Card clockwork recovery image. The ext4 CMW image needs to have the removeclockwork.zip package on it (you can get it at the same place as the CM SD image). When you want to remove CM7 builds, you apply the removeclockwork.zip and then reboot 8 times to rewrite the original partition structure. after that boot with the regular CM SD Card and apply your backup (mine fit on a 4gb card with the booter).

CM7 is real close to being a daily driver. The phirenook mod has some of the fixes from todays' development built in. A couple more days and the CM7 build should be REALLY interesting.

Would put it in the thread but I've been lurking for a long time so can't post in developmental threads.

bratliff

Feb 5, 2011
I do not know if this will come in handy and have not tried this, but a member over at xda had sent this info to me....

Thanks, I was a bit underwhelmed by Cyanogen.. I think in a few weeks I will try it again. I am going to try the HC V4 or whatever before I restore back to Phiremod Beta 2.. but I imagine by the end of the week that is where I will be. Just too many compromises for me right now.. I will report back once I get HC running tonight. I started the download at the house this morning before work, it may be late tonight before I get back to it..

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
I think with the HC Rom that runs off ext4 it will also be hard to restore an earlier backup, so be careful.

bratliff

Feb 5, 2011
It's the same process for restoring. It works on ext 4 just like cm. PIA but it is what it is.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011

Thanks for this, I will note it for now and test it later. I'm about to crash into a cold medicine coma...

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Thanks for this, I will note it for now and test it later. I'm about to crash into a cold medicine coma...

Np. Feel better :) Someone pm'd me the info but wasn't sure why. I prolly gave someone the wrong info in a post over there. Like I said I haven't tried it myself.

sent from my rooted nook color

bratliff

Feb 5, 2011
Ok i am running hc new ext 4 emmc version seems stable. All apps seem to be in market. Not as fast as phiremod but different for sure. Probably be back on phiremod just for speed. May run this until cm gets a couple more updates then try that again.