[ROM] Honeycomb v4 eMMC 2nd ed. - Flashable ZIP {02/21/11}

Dec 17, 2010
The video mentioned a coupon code that drops the price of NC to $199. Does anyone here have that coupon code? I'm planning to get two in a couple weeks (tax refund money!).

mooniegt

Feb 19, 2011
Just read through this thread and I'm confused about people running HC from the SD card. This thread is titled "Honeycomb v4 eMMC..." This is the internal memory version correct?

I'm ready to try either this or the CM with bluetooth as my next rom. I figure I'll give them all a try to find my favorite. I've done 1.1 B&N rooted, Phiremod Beta2, and Custom Nookie Froyo so far. Phiremod and Nookie both run pretty well, but Nookie might have a slight edge in the wifi stability department though both have issues for me...

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Just read through this thread and I'm confused about people running HC from the SD card. This thread is titled "Honeycomb v4 eMMC..." This is the internal memory version correct?

I'm ready to try either this or the CM with bluetooth as my next rom. I figure I'll give them all a try to find my favorite. I've done 1.1 B&N rooted, Phiremod Beta2, and Custom Nookie Froyo so far. Phiremod and Nookie both run pretty well, but Nookie might have a slight edge in the wifi stability department though both have issues for me...

This is indeed the internal HC thread. Seems to have gotten side-tracked a bit. Might I suggest however CM7. The latest builds are stable, have Youtube and Bluetooth. The HC build is still based on the preview and as such there are some things missing. Give it a few more weeks(days) and there should be a more complete flashable HC rom.

binhxitrum

Mar 14, 2011
format system, then data and THEN format boot (CWR may crash, simply hard reboot, format should have worked).

Hi,i'm format boot finish,hard reboot>nook color not boot return,i'm have to boot with pc and sd( burn cwr).and now,i'm can't install zip sd card(fail),only back up.you can help me.tks(nook on phiremod v5.1 ,base in 1.0.0)

NattyBee

Feb 13, 2011
hey...has HC been abandoned? just curious, as this is the most recent one I have found...and it's not super recent...and I was wondering when it'll be updated, as there are still a few bugs, BUT overall I'm happiest with this rom, and it is the one I stick with as my "daily driver" :)

NattyBee

Feb 13, 2011
This is indeed the internal HC thread. Seems to have gotten side-tracked a bit. Might I suggest however CM7. The latest builds are stable, have Youtube and Bluetooth. The HC build is still based on the preview and as such there are some things missing. Give it a few more weeks(days) and there should be a more complete flashable HC rom.
oops, I obviously didn't read before posting that last question... sorry! :p

oldweasel

Mar 22, 2011
hey...has HC been abandoned? just curious, as this is the most recent one I have found...and it's not super recent...and I was wondering when it'll be updated, as there are still a few bugs, BUT overall I'm happiest with this rom, and it is the one I stick with as my "daily driver" :)

I believe development is "On Hold" till Google releases the "Official" HC source code.

Now when THAT might be, that is the $1M question ;).

bobsilver

Jan 10, 2011
woo hoo. took me a while but ive got HC running from my SD, market and gapps installed, Gained root access and now just having fun!

liking this way more than 2.2 .. obviously its more tablet friendly! yay!

edit: i guess there is no permanent root so i keep losing it... otherwise it works really smooth and HC is pretty awesome.. makes me want a XOOM haha

I have been looking for a HC image with GAPPS for SD Card install. Where did you get the image to install on the SD card? Or did you do it the hard way via ADB install for GAPPS. Appreciate a pointer here.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Google Holds Honeycomb Tight - BusinessWeek

Officially dead in the water. =(

RIP NookComb.

bummer, I was just looking for news about the HC release yesterday. They probably want to figure out a way to lock this one down so they can get some better partner deals on the tablet/pc front since this will extend to computer companies beyond the phone maker/computer companies. Maybe negotiate some deals for chrome os?