How to Root MID7024

pingram3541

Feb 2, 2011
Not sure about the reader app since I don't use it but the latest youtube app works for me. Maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling. I also noticed that the market sometimes doesn't list apps I KNOW are available and can clearly find using my droidx so I have had to result to finding and downloading them as an apk off the web. I.e. google music app said wasn't compatible with the Coby but found it on the interwebs and it runs just fine on the tablet.

danyboy

Aug 8, 2011
Hey I want to know what advantages It would give me to root my device, does it mean having full control over your phone? Like installing anything you want for free or enhancing the performance?

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Hey I want to know what advantages It would give me to root my device, does it mean having full control over your phone? Like installing anything you want for free or enhancing the performance?

You can already install anything you want for free without root just check allow unknown apps to be installed.

Root gives you not really speed advantages although certain apps can take advantage of it. Set Cpu to set cpu frequences during different times such as screen off, Adfree to remove all adds in applications, and in web browser, link2sd to move apps to external sd card, titanium backup to backup your apps and data. So pretty much full control like you said.

Gigamaxell

Aug 23, 2011
Hello guys!

I successfuly rooted my 7024 once, by using only Z4mod 1.3.0 on a stock Froyo. I managed to downloaded this .apk plus other files needed to install the Google Market from a portuguese written forum and I was also successful.

The problem is: I made the terrible mistake to turn off my PC while the tablet was connected by USB. I think it corrupted the filesystem, but the tablet still working and booting as usual. But all the programs I installed were damaged... none of them works at all now. They work again if I reinstall them.

I installed the AVG Mobilation antivirus from Market and I think it installed a patch that prevents Z4Mod root the device again (Every time I run Z4 now, right after the program says "Acquiring root shell" the tablet reboots...).

I can't root again to install the files needed to access Google Market. The Appslib that came with the stock O.S. sucks, so I need Market back, hehehe

Is there any workaround to that situation? Do you need any other info? Feel free to give me keywords to google around. I must learn something useful, hehehe.

Thanks in advance!

Gigamaxell

Aug 23, 2011
Sorry everyone...

I will study the manual root method Dave and mudknot posted here...

Lots of new words to google, hehehe

thanks again!

Kiserian

Aug 28, 2011
Hello there! Im new here, but im not new at android, at least basic use xD. The guy with tha reinstall prob... theres a posthere, that hasa version of tha market that works without rooting your kyros. Im using it, sometimes gets a bit emo but works very good :p.Ive tried to root my tab with z4app but was like talkin to a wall, that app does not work fo this machine. I saw a guy that rooted tha tab from tha sdk program, but i dnt wannamake tha prrocedure til im sure i know what im doin:p by tha way someone has got a 3g usb modem working on tha tablet? Hows its performance?Cya mates xD

fredt

Jul 31, 2011
Is this in English?
I can't understand any of it.
adb push??
chmod 777 ???
mount??
chown??

Could you give simple, plain English, instructions for us (me) who are not so up on all the proper terminology?

fredt

Jul 31, 2011
I know I am going to catch a lot of negative flames for this post, but…
I’m new at this and don’t really know what “adb push” means.
Don’t know what “adb shell chmod 777” means either.
All this sounds like Greek to me.
Why can’t someone post these instructions in plain English explaining the steps???

Gigamaxell

Aug 23, 2011
Hello there! Im new here, but im not new at android, at least basic use xD. The guy with tha reinstall prob... theres a posthere, that hasa version of tha market that works without rooting your kyros. Im using it, sometimes gets a bit emo but works very good :p.Ive tried to root my tab with z4app but was like talkin to a wall, that app does not work fo this machine. I saw a guy that rooted tha tab from tha sdk program, but i dnt wannamake tha prrocedure til im sure i know what im doin:p by tha way someone has got a 3g usb modem working on tha tablet? Hows its performance?Cya mates xD

Thanks Kiserian! I'll check out that post...

My problem now is that the Google(something)Framework.apk stops working everytime... Even if I clear cache data from all google apk's, the framework stops working...
I can't even finish an account registration now.

I'll reinstall stock O.S. using that power+home buttons and work from the beginning.

And... what's wrong going to goolgle and type "android adb"? I swear that there will be more information than you can handle, hehehe

Pablocr

Jul 3, 2011
I had some issues in the past with some apps depending on the version.
Why don't you try doind a factory reset. That might do the trick

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

rain

May 5, 2011
NEWS ! ! !
sorry if you already know this. SuperOneClick works... i just did it.
. . . . . . . .
shortfuse.org
. . . . . . .
Posted on August 1, 2011 by shortfuse
Yeah, yeah. I know, I keep saying I’ve fixed it, but this time I’ve attached proof.
If you use GingerBreak, make sure you have a microSD inserted if possible. Also, make sure your removable storage isn’t mounted.
Download now!
. . . . . . . .
many people reporting that it works just great ( like it did for me ) . . . i like using titanium backup (root)

Last edited:

Kiserian

Aug 28, 2011
Hey! last post i was writing as a drunk man xD. Ok, may be there's no use to reply this now, cuz i guess many users already installed CFW's or at least rooted their devices. Anyways, case is that many apps DONT WORK properly with the stock OS. I worked with some apps (ya know, the social and entertainment apps). Many worked "fine" others were just AWFUL. Like skype, audio got crashed everytime i called. Dodle god game didn't worked either. Mic was disabled.

Change the OS, this will help further development via feedback and will improve your tab!

See ya xD

vmathews3

Nov 30, 2011
Oh my...I am wayyyyy behind all of you. I am hoping you will be kind and help me. For my age I am pretty techno savvy on PC's but this tablet has got the best of me. I have 11 grand children and am also a great grandma 2 x, to give you an idea of my age. I bought the Kyros 7024 five months ago now. I have yet to use it. I have spent all this time reading and reading all the Android stuff I could find. I have successfully rooted it (at least I think I have. I can hook up to my computer and see all the files on both the tablet and the sd card. I have installed ES File Explorer, ES Bookmark Manager, Get Jar, Vending.apk, alchemy.apk, com.adobe.flashplayer-1.apk. I used z4root.1.3.0.apk to root. After all of that I still can't read my book, which I have copied into several folders trying to read it. It all seems to boil down to although I have an Adobe account and I try to log in from the device (works on my PC) it will NOT "authorize device." ..............Don't ask my why I installed all that stuff....at someplace along the line it was recommended.... I read your thread above and do NOT understand one single word. If you can find it in your heart to give me a hand all I can offer is my gratitude. However, I would really need Kyros for dummies... squared... Just think how you would explain it to your own grandma... Thank you most kindly...GrandmaGinny