(How To) Save or Download YouTube Online Videos on the NookColor

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
How-To Save or Download YouTube Online Videos on the nookColor

Everyone loves online videos right? YouTube has made just about everything available online, but sometimes when you are on the go and would like to have a local copy. There are conversion utilities on the web you can use from your computer to create MP4 files that you can side load to your nookColor...

The good news for nookColor owners there are some websites now that don't require java apps to save videos locally and it's quite easy (and free)! The steps below will work for Direct Download, YouTube (HQ and HD), Google Video, Sevenload, MySpace, Dailymotion (HQ), Vimeo (HQ), Metacafe, MyVideo, & Veoh.

1) Visit a video site like YouTube.com on your nookColor and Find the video you want to download.
2) Click on the URL at the top. It will highlight the URL, swipe your finger across it to the right to get to the beginning of the URL.
3) Add video.nooktalk.net/ to the front of the YouTube URL. (Don't forget the end slash after .net)
4) nookTalk will redirect you to the ClipConverter site and pre-select the right options, Just scroll down and Tap "Start"
5) Tap the download link, when finished tap save. You may get a pop-up ad, just close it first.
6) Go to Library, My Files, My Downloads. Your video should be there, click to launch it. You can not open it from the download option on the nook browser...
Source

Haven't tried this myself, but looks promising.

ltmcgill

Jan 19, 2011
An easier way if you are Rooted is to just go to the Market and do a search for TubeMate. This app looks a lot like the real Youtube app but allows you the choice to watch or download a video. It also allows you to choose which resolution to download. I use the 720p resolution on my DroidX and the quality is great. I can't get 720p to playback yet on the Nook Color. I'm sure it's just a matter of time though since the CPU and GPU are supposed to be the same as the DroidX.

billmogan123

Oct 23, 2017
Tubemate 2.4.4 is one of the first and best Youtube Downloaders in the market today. Aside from downloading videos off of Youtube, you can download virtually any video content you desire. Videos from MetaCafe, Vimeo and other video upload sites are also covered.