How To Select Block Of Contiguous Files?

joneall

Sep 11, 2014
This would be accomplished in Windows or Linux by entering a file explorer, clicking on the first file, then holding down the shift key as you click on the last file in the group you want.

I cannot figure out how to do it in the default "My files" or Cheetah or X-plore file explorers.

When travelling, I transfer photos from the camera's mem card to a tablet every day. This means selecting on the order of 200 files at a time. Doing that by clicking in the little box by the file name is -- at the least -- tedious. It is also error-prone.

joneall

Sep 11, 2014
That would be great. I have installed it, but have no idea how to do the block selection. (Documentation is not Android's strong point...) Help, please.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
You're right about the documentation part.;) Do a long tap on any one file. Multi select boxes will magically appear. ;)

joneall

Sep 11, 2014
Thanks for the suggestion, But... then I have to click on each file I want. If there is a range of, say, 150 continguous files, I do not want to have to tap on 150 little boxes; I want to tap twice, once on the first and once on the last. In windows, you tap/click on the first and shift-tap/click on on the last. THAT is what I am looking for.

Any ideas?

joneall

Sep 11, 2014
True. Unfortunately, it isn't (really) Linux either. Thanks for your efforts.