How To Transfer MP4 Movie Files From PC To Galaxy 5

Goldjud

Jan 10, 2015
I have been trying to find a faster and easier way to move downloaded movies from my PC to my Galaxy 5. Right now I drag it and copy and convert. It works but it can take up to 2 hours for a 2 hour movie. Is there an app or some other way to move these files to my tablet. I am planning a trip and want to have several movies on my tablet to watch without wifi. Thanks!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

The very quickest way is directly connecting the tablet to your PC. The next quickest is using a microSD card. You didn't say how you were doing it.

Goldjud

Jan 10, 2015
Welcome to the forum

The very quickest way is directly connecting the tablet to your PC. The next quickest is using a microSD card. You didn't say how you were doing it.
Thank you for your response to my question. The way I was doing it was connecting the tablet to the PC and dragging the file from the PC to the tablet. But, that took hours. It was like it was streaming it live. I did just try to copy the mp4 file onto the SD card and insert the SD card back into my tablet. That did work great. Thank you!! Have you ever used AirDroid? I also saw that suggestion on the forum. What do you think of that method?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I have and do use AirDroid but even though it works great that would not increase the transfer speeds over the other methods. You may want to convert those files to a smaller (less resoulution) file.

Goldjud

Jan 10, 2015
I have and do use AirDroid but even though it works great that would not increase the transfer speeds over the other methods. You may want to convert those files to a smaller (less resolution) file.

Actually, I did it both ways and I do not have to do anything to the file for either of them. I think the easiest is putting it directly on the mini SD card. You don't have to log in to any other app or connect the tablet and computer together. All you do is remove the SD card from my tablet and use the little USB adapter to insert the mini SD card to my computer, move the file onto it and then put the mini SD card back into my tablet. It plays on my tablet perfect!! That's the way I'm going to do it from now on. Thank you so much for your help. I don't know why nobody ever suggested this before :) I've been googling questions for months now trying to find an easy way to transfer these files and no one suggested this!

PitCarver

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 9, 2014
Easier to use the USB cable on my Lenovo. The MSD card is difficult to get to.
When I'm not able to connect them, for whatever reason, I'll move files to DropBox and transfer them with a file explorer.

Goldjud

Jan 10, 2015
Easier to use the USB cable on my Lenovo. The MSD card is difficult to get to.
When I'm not able to connect them, for whatever reason, I'll move files to DropBox and transfer them with a file explorer.
I don't have much experience with DropBox. It sounds pretty easy since it's in the cloud and there is not any other cords or cards to deal with. I might try it just to know how to do it. Especially, if you're in a hurry and don't have time to go through all the steps for the other ways.

PitCarver

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 9, 2014
DropBox starts its basic (free) level with 2GB of storage.
Install the app from the app store https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dropbox.android&hl=en
Use your file explorer to move files to and from your device. You'll need to link the explorer app with the DropBox account. Should show up under Network/Cloud.

I like using it to move files from my PC to multiple android devices.
There are other cloud storage apps that work the same way, DropBox just comes to mind first.