[HowTo] Unlocking the Bootloader (Windows)

mcsquared01

May 10, 2013
My A2109a is not having it right now, I tried everything from your post and did anikas steps a few times too and nothing! I also looked over at florider's post on how to install the adb files and I am still not able to get into fastboot and unable to get past any of the command prompts. I'm a noob with Lenovo but I have been rooting android phones since the G1 and I have never had this much trouble rooting a device. (Yes I turned on usb debug in the dev settings)

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

mcsquared01

May 10, 2013
csquared01;283699]My A2109a is not having it right now, I tried everything from your post and did anikas steps a few times too and nothing! I also looked over at florider's post on how to install the adb files and I am still not able to get into fastboot and unable to get past any of the command prompts. I'm a noob with Lenovo but I have been rooting android phones since the G1 and I have never had this much trouble rooting a device. (Yes I turned on usb debug in the dev settings)

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Officially rooted I got it to work after many hours and forum posts read.

beto_nl

Apr 18, 2013
AllI can tell you is that this is my first tablet and right on the first week of use I applied this method to unlock the bootloader and it worked..

BUT... Not after trying a couple of times due the fact I was too hasty and always was missing some detail

Last edited:

ILMostro7

May 3, 2013
csquared01;283699]My A2109a is not having it right now, I tried everything from your post and did anikas steps a few times too and nothing! I also looked over at florider's post on how to install the adb files and I am still not able to get into fastboot and unable to get past any of the command prompts. I'm a noob with Lenovo but I have been rooting android phones since the G1 and I have never had this much trouble rooting a device. (Yes I turned on usb debug in the dev settings)

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

Officially rooted I got it to work after many hours and forum posts read.

So...what was the hang-up? Why did it take you so long? Anything in particular you missed, or something not right/clear in the initial description? Other members might benefit from all those "long hours reading" forum posts, especially since you bothered to come back with an update of your situation. :rolleyes:

romer69

Oct 23, 2014
when i type fastboot oem unlock my devices stuck in fastboot, and it doesn't show the two option .. my cmd also got stuck ..someone help me PLSSS!!!

tahir_blf

Oct 19, 2016
Should this work on an A10? fastboot finds my device but oem unlock just hangs on PC.

Any ideas appreciated