Huawei Ideos S7 Official Firmware Releases Discussions

grenness

Nov 1, 2010
Any chance that is the Q1 Froyo Release Huawei Norway has promised?? :)

Peter,

I hate to be the carrier of bad news, but lately I've become a bit worried about Huawei Norway's previous promise.
The reason is that they made the same 2.2 promise for another handset, the U8230 phone, which they now have turned around on and their official response is now that they regret to inform their (Norwegian) U8230 customers that there will be no official 2.2. upgrade after all.
They have so far not said the same thing about the 2.2 S7 upgrade, but I'm bracing myself preparing for a similar disappointing message...
I will of course let you all know as soon as I hear something or the other about this, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

~Christopher

pedro_

Jan 8, 2011
what exactly do you mean by firmware ?

firmware means to me a small bit of code that is designed to allow the loading of the full OS, is that what you mean here ? or is this really a complete operating system image. ie Android 2.1 along with the vendor customisation, language packs etc

goodoane

Nov 25, 2010
Is a full rom image including boot.img ,recovery.img, system.img ,usedata.img all in one pack updata.app.

ebarcus

Jan 13, 2011
My first post, hope there is many more to come :D

Just wanted to point out that if you flash (using the update tool method) it will also change the CSC (country sales code?) and then some app will not work/not be available to you in the market.

I am currently running the Singapore C60 and when I attempt to use TIKI talk I get an error about invalid country code.

Once I have a SIM inserted (doing all wifi and droid tether atm) I should be able to use "SGS CSC" from the market to get the S7 back to a USA CSC correct?

also was planning on doing the above using the "pay as you go" tmo method but still reading up on those issues.

btw im a level 3 tech support working graveyard shifts = lots of new time to deticate putting the S7 in the spot light here on the forums.

so am I correct on the CSC issue? has anyone else came across this issue yet? any other fixes? (saw someone offering up a way to ADB push the CSC packages to a galaxy tab but they did not have a "united states" package doi)

Last edited:

jhsband84

Dec 14, 2010
I have an S7 from Best Buy, firmware version 2.1 update1, build s7v100r001c28b010. Is this update what's already on my tablet? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

ivyvisors

Dec 29, 2010
Hi jhsband84,

There isn't that much different with the other pieces of firmware, other than an ability to overclock the device on some of the tablets.

I change the firmware, because I'm somewhat of a hacker of embededd linux systems. but to be honest, there are no real show stopping features that you'd need.

If you're not totally comfortable with flashing the device, I'd recommend not doing it.

Take care and have fun

Ivy

jhsband84

Dec 14, 2010
Does this ROM affect the lowest volume level. The lowest volume level is so very high for media, makes it difficult to play Pandora radio at my desk.

ebarcus

Jan 13, 2011
Does this ROM affect the lowest volume level. The lowest volume level is so very high for media, makes it difficult to play Pandora radio at my desk.

agreed. It is my hope to edit a rom to add a quieter volume level. This would most defiantly make work easier :p

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
agreed. It is my hope to edit a rom to add a quieter volume level. This would most defiantly make work easier :p

That would be awesome. Some apps also turn on the volume when you run them, which is annoying.

jhsband84

Dec 14, 2010
I installed this app but it doesn't appear to affect the lowest volume level. Thanks tho!

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

ebarcus

Jan 13, 2011
looking for radio.img i have a split updata.app with tons of unknown files. Googling the night away looking for this radio...
any ideas on how to pull from S7?