Huawei S7 Owners Thread

OttoDeFe

Feb 3, 2011
just got my ship notification on my S7 from the BBY auction site - reading up and getting excited. Really wanna learn this thing!

Music

Feb 5, 2011
The S7 seems neat, but is there a DETAILED user manual for it? I'll try some more Googling in the meantime...

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
My Huawei's firmware (Singapore ROM) has a built in PDF manual. Not sure if this was in the original firmware. But it goes over a lot of the stuff including the Emotion UI.

sopranosv

Nov 22, 2010
Some pics from mine...Home I and Entertainment I

$screenshot_1.png

$screenshot_2.png

zlotin

Feb 7, 2011
Own my s7 for ca. 2 monats and totally love it in the role of working horse: videoplayback is perfect, the quality of music is nice too, display is good for reading books (scripts for the university in my case), browsing with dolphip HD is pretty good as well (the only matter - no flash as no 2.2 :-( ). And one of the best CPUs (best one core avaidable for now) makes run everything flowless. For 200 Euros this tablet owns every chinese ipEd, nook colour and co.
There are 2 negative sides for me - No multitouch (but i`ve realized it as i bought the tablet) and weak battery. 2.2 come this quartal, i hope...

nastiero

Dec 5, 2010
$screenshot8.png I've had my S7 for about two months now and love. If the Chinese keep this up they will rule the the tablets markets.

jhsband84

Dec 14, 2010
I got my S7 mid December and just love it! So much that my hubby got one a couple of weeks ago. Here's my home screen.
424c4ac6-a91f-1b2b.jpg

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Claian

Dec 27, 2010
Thought it was about time I added myself to this list since I've had the tablet for 3 months now.

Here's a pic of my home screen and the 3 pages I'm using at the moment.
2 of them are just launcher pro widgets made full screen.
The second link on my dock is a direct link to the book I'm currently reading.
3aa3af84-7ee0-7768.jpg

3aa3af84-7f12-e406.jpg

dkdk1fam

Jan 27, 2011
Well i think its time to my name to the great huawei s7 owners list... Rooted, 60B010 rom, adhoc hack, apps2link, awd launcher with widgets.... Loving it cant wait till 2.2 to come out...
Btw... Jackson(jtown) Tennessee here

18b074d5-c6ab-6649.jpg

18b074d5-c6c3-ae73.jpg

18b074d5-c6d6-c8c6.jpg

Sent from my Ideos S7

brainfever19

Feb 23, 2011
I finally got mine!!!

I was reading through this part of the Android tablet forums for a week and now I finally got mine!! Yehey!

cableguy520

Feb 24, 2011
Had mine for a week now. Bestbuy for $249. 00. I mainly bought it so I could use my AT&T sim. Finally rooted it tonight and got my APN set. Wifi speed is nice and the 3G is superb. Thanks to all the people that posted the tips. Made it super easy to make this tablet a sweet deal and alot of fun!

Music

Feb 5, 2011
OK, I have a question for everybody on this list:

I have a zippered case for my S7, which has a grippy outside, so I can put it on the car seat and it won't slide around, but how would you carry it around, say in the grocery store, or the park, where you need to keep both hands free. Is there some kind of neat holster that goes on your belt or on the neck/shoulder? I suppose you cold put a belt clip on one of those daytimer holders, but I was thinking of something where you could easily slip the tablet out & back in.

I'll have to make a wood blank the size & shape of my S7 to take to the stores.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Please let me know if I have missed adding you to the owner's thread, sorry, I fell a bit behind.

thanks!
Peter