I have a system dump

danwguy

Jan 20, 2011
I bought a cheap $99 tablet from China from this page here... Apad eP07 Android Tablet PC 7.0-inch Touch Screen MID & E-Book Reader with 256M RAM WiFi Camera When I got it in the mail it never actually turned on, so I emailed the company and they sent me a file called script.zip. Inside the zip was everything, the entire system, drivers, apps, everything, is there any possible way if I post that file up here someone can help me figure out a way to put Android 2.1 or Android 2.2 on it? Please, Android 1.6 sucks.

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
danwguy: Does this device actually have 256MB of RAM, or only 128MB?

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
danwguy: I haven't personally seen anyone upgrade this to Android 2.0 or higher. Every place that I have seen (and even on dev sites) are showing Android 1.6. That is probably why this was such a cheap tablet.

Unfortunately for just $50 - $60 more you could of bought yourself a tablet that runs Android 2.2.

danwguy

Jan 20, 2011
Ya, I saw that. My mom was getting me one for Christmas and I didn't want to make her pay tons of cash so I just found a cheap one and told her about it. We recently agreed that I was going to try and return it, then pay the extra 50 to get a good one.