I Lost My Nook Color's Internal Memory After Flashing CM7

Oct 6, 2011
So i had CM7 installed and everything was fine, but once I tried flashing this overclock mod, my boot up screen became irresponsive, so I had to unbrick my Nook to Factory Setting. But now it says I have 0GB memory and I can't even update it. Is there anyway to get my memory back?

dividj

Oct 11, 2011
I'm pretty sure you tired to use a kernel older than the one that comes in CM7. Make sure you know what you are flashing before you flash. Follow post below to restore your Nook to factory and then you can proceed from there.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-1-0-1-2-0-manualnooter-worth.html#post119208

I restored to factory but can't "proceed from there"! I have no internal memory according to my Nook. It says 0.0 of 0%. How can I recovery my usable memory? Even when I connect the Nook to my computer nothing happens, it does not show my usb media drive to download to. I'm so frustrated! I want to root my NC and every time I try it doesn't work at all and I really want to be able to use Android apps and get Kindle app. I just got it back to factory settings after trying to load Monster Rootpack... I would certainly appreciate any help, lots of help!! Thanks....

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
dividj, let's try to keep the request for help in one thread. It will make it easier for everybody to follow and reply that way. My best guess is that you have a newer nook. Is there a blue or green dot any place on the box or was this a recent purchase? Monster Root Pack is an old tool and if you have the new partition layout it is probably trying to write the files to the old size partitions creating your error.

Old Partitions: 1GB Data and 5GB Media
New Partitions: 5 GB Data and 1 GB Media

You can follow this thread and repartition your Nook to either the old or new layout [HOW-TO] Repartitioning the NC back to 1GB/data, 5GB/media - xda-developers.Then just flash the ROM you want accordingly. Be sure to use ClockworkMod Recovery (CWR) 3.2.0.1 or higher when flashing your ROM since only the newest versions are capable of dealing with both partitions setups.

So basically, follow the thread above to ensure you have the correct partitioning (either new or old). This will put you at B&N 1.1 or 1.2 depending on which layout you choose. At this point you will have a stock Nook and can update via B&N if you want.

Alternatively once you have completed the repartition step you can download the ROM of your choice (B&N 1.2, 1.3, CM7 including the Gapps, etc.) and put the zip file on the CWR bootable SD card you have created. Then power down insert the card and boot to recovery. Wipe /system and /data, clear the cache partition and dalvik cache and then Flash the ROM of your choice. Unmount the card and remove it and then reboot. You should now have a clean install of the ROM you flashed.

JP

dividj

Oct 11, 2011
dividj, let's try to keep the request for help in one thread. It will make it easier for everybody to follow and reply that way. My best guess is that you have a newer nook. Is there a blue or green dot any place on the box or was this a recent purchase? Monster Root Pack is an old tool and if you have the new partition layout it is probably trying to write the files to the old size partitions creating your error.

Old Partitions: 1GB Data and 5GB Media
New Partitions: 5 GB Data and 1 GB Media

You can follow this thread and repartition your Nook to either the old or new layout [HOW-TO] Repartitioning the NC back to 1GB/data, 5GB/media - xda-developers.Then just flash the ROM you want accordingly. Be sure to use ClockworkMod Recovery (CWR) 3.2.0.1 or higher when flashing your ROM since only the newest versions are capable of dealing with both partitions setups.

So basically, follow the thread above to ensure you have the correct partitioning (either new or old). This will put you at B&N 1.1 or 1.2 depending on which layout you choose. At this point you will have a stock Nook and can update via B&N if you want.

Alternatively once you have completed the repartition step you can download the ROM of your choice (B&N 1.2, 1.3, CM7 including the Gapps, etc.) and put the zip file on the CWR bootable SD card you have created. Then power down insert the card and boot to recovery. Wipe /system and /data, clear the cache partition and dalvik cache and then Flash the ROM of your choice. Unmount the card and remove it and then reboot. You should now have a clean install of the ROM you flashed.

JP

It won't boot into the CWR! I 've followed instructions and even watched the YouTube vid of it and mine just goes into the normal NC boot screen with the N. So now what? Thanks

dividj

Oct 11, 2011
Thank you so much to those who helped me! Finally success! Cyanogen 7 is working beautifully on my NC now... I guess I was trying to load old programs before. This is fantastic!!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Never mind what I just posted (now replaced by this instead). You updated before I hit post. Congrats on getting your nook working again.

JP

Last edited: