IDEOS S7 Slim Accelerometer don't work correctly

jemartinatt

May 13, 2011
I have tried a few app that use the accelerometer like Labyrinth and Bubbles (a level program). It is off so bad that Labyrinth is impossible to play. The Bubbles app when laid flat has a circle lever with a bubble in the center of it. When you tip it up and down, the bubble goes left & right. When you tip it left to right, the bubble goes up and down.

When you hold the tablet on a side the level becomes a small tube type level. The problem is it goes up and down vertically instead of accross horzontially like is should. If you tip the tablet up and down, the bubble moves up and down in the vertical level tube.

This behavior can be fight. Is my tablet broken? Can is be recalibrated?

Thanks for any assistance you may be able to provide.

ac7ss

May 17, 2011
Too soon to really be a bump, but I have the same issue. It makes many apps un-usable, (google sky for one) There should be a simple software fix for this, if not a kernel patch. This is really too simple an issue to be left un-resolved.

ac7ss

May 17, 2011
I have found that "Level Pro" works fine as a level, responds correctly to the position of the tablet. It must be something in the applications. I have a service request into the company about it. Let's see what happens.