Ideos S7 / Telstra T-Touch Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

ainyul

Nov 12, 2010
^i have the ipad, just ordered the iRobot Apad, and have the S7; the small size of the S7 does it for me; plus its unlocked; has Android marketplace available; has TMO and AT&T frequencies is all a plus;

although I have not seen/read myself a MAJOR plus is that HUAWEI (via FB Huawei Norge) has confirmed FROYO for Q1 2011; am also looking into getting a SquareTrade type of garantee for it now; so yes; its a keeper for now..:)

ainyul

Nov 12, 2010
^am sure I read something about this in the tips and tweaks sticky; take a look there otherwise i can take a look tomorrow when i am back; good luck..:)

hoben02

Nov 10, 2010
Hello,
I bought an Huawei s7 tablet,
and when i download things, it is all getting saved to the tiny internal storage card and not the internal card with 7 gigs on it. i cant figure out how to manage the files through the device itself[there doesnt seem to be a way]. so im trying to hook it up to a computer and manage the files through the computer... but to no avail! the computers cant acknowledge the device! so i try to download the driver... but the computer doesnt know what to do with the driver either! i feel like im doing something wrong... SOMEONE PLEASE HELP! im stuck with only 256mb on a $300 device! im not even getting 1mb per dollar!

get a file manager app like "astro file manager" it will access your SD card and you can remove and files you don't want to keep

Joeyqqqb

Oct 16, 2010
Maybe you should spend that six hundred bucks on Samsung tablet to get a feeling whats it like then return it like you did to Apple Ipad.

Snyperx

Nov 22, 2010
^i have the ipad, just ordered the iRobot Apad, and have the S7; the small size of the S7 does it for me; plus its unlocked; has Android marketplace available; has TMO and AT&T frequencies is all a plus;

although I have not seen/read myself a MAJOR plus is that HUAWEI (via FB Huawei Norge) has confirmed FROYO for Q1 2011; am also looking into getting a SquareTrade type of garantee for it now; so yes; its a keeper for now..:)

Thats a thought. I know some people frown on that, but I am sorry playing with a device at a store and being able to use it at home/work is a totally different experience which allows true validation for the purchase.

ainyul

Nov 12, 2010
Personally the smaller size of the S7 makes it a keepr for me; if it was priced like the TAB i would NOT have bough it since the larger screen space is worth it; dont forget the TAB does not have a phone function built in,

(only possible on TMO for now with hacks from XDA) so for ease of use; price value of the S7 is there!!

Snyperx

Nov 22, 2010
Thats a thought. I know some people frown on that, but I am sorry playing with a device at a store and being able to use it at home/work is a totally different experience which allows true validation for the purchase.

My two BIG concerns with the S7 is the battery life and the screen. That is what I am really questioning.

zenkibuta

Nov 12, 2010
Hello,
I bought an Huawei s7 tablet,
and when i download things, it is all getting saved to the tiny internal storage card and not the internal card with 7 gigs on it. i cant figure out how to manage the files through the device itself[there doesnt seem to be a way]. so im trying to hook it up to a computer and manage the files through the computer... but to no avail! the computers cant acknowledge the device! so i try to download the driver... but the computer doesnt know what to do with the driver either! i feel like im doing something wrong... SOMEONE PLEASE HELP! im stuck with only 256mb on a $300 device! im not even getting 1mb per dollar!

your S7 is behaving normally. it really is storing applications on the internal drive which is actually almost 200mb only. however this will be remedied when the FROYO update is out sometime in 1Q of 2011. So for now, you have to be careful of what you are installing and only install what you need. If you are to save files like mp3, save it in the internal 8gb available not on the system drive (~200mb). To be able to access your INTERNAL sdcard (8gb), you need to install file manager like 'astro file manager'. OR you can connect you s7 to your pc and look into the notification area (located on the upper right side of the screen) and under notications click/tap USB connected then choouse 'MOUNT'. You can now see this sdcard as a removable device on your PC. If you are done moving/deleting/copying files from your sdcard via windows, eject the sdcard as you normally do when you are ejecting a removable device from windows. Now back again to you NOTIFICATION area on S7 and you should see 'Turn Off internal SD card', now tap/click this and select 'Turn Off'. This will now make your sdcard available to your S7

Hope that helps

ainyul

Nov 12, 2010
^screen is pretty good, not perfect of course but 7-8/10, ipad is 10/10...

(battery life is 4-5 hours, ipad is closer to 9-10; but in all fairness this is 7" not 10")

brachiopod

Nov 22, 2010
Is there any fix for the over the top volume on the S7? Even on the lowest setting it is really loud. I've tried a third party volume control, but it does not allow any lower settings. I can put some tape over the speakers, but that results in distortion.

TheVicster

Nov 14, 2010
for a resistive screen it is VERY responsive, especially if you use a fingernail as opposed to your whole finger. To me it's almost as responsive as my iphone. Almost.

TheVicster

Nov 14, 2010
Personally the smaller size of the S7 makes it a keepr for me; if it was priced like the TAB i would NOT have bough it since the larger screen space is worth it; dont forget the TAB does not have a phone function built in,

(only possible on TMO for now with hacks from XDA) so for ease of use; price value of the S7 is there!!
+1. I get a kick out of people talking about the TAB being an Ipad killer. Two different products for two different users.

I wasn't sure when I picked up the S7 that there would be any use to a device with a 7 inch screen. In just one week I've changed my mind. I don't see these 7 inch devices as competitors to the IPad, or the Adam Ink (if it ever stops being vaporware, although I know that now they PROMISE it will be out for the holidays, and just in case it isn't they PROMISE first Q 2011.), but rather compliments. I'm not going to leave the house for the evening and carry an Ipad with me everywhere I go, but I have stuck the S7 in a jacket pockets and let it tag along. It's narrow enough to fit into both a suit or overcoat pocket, and into the back pocket of your jeans, which I don't believe the TAB is. Not saying you might not look like a dork, just saying in a pinch you can do it.

In the alternative, if I was going to be on a long flight, or laying on a beach for several hours, I would probably prefer the larger, more magazine like screen of an Ipad or such. Different devices for different situations. And since I only paid 300 for the S7, I don't mind laying at another 500-600 for an Ipad. I WOULD mind paying that if I had already laid out 600 for a TAB.

brachiopod

Nov 22, 2010
Visually, the screen is nice. If you are asking about the touch feature, I find the touch experience somewhat less than on my iTouch or Samsung Android phone. The individual singleTaps work quite well (e.g typing), but I'm having trouble with the swipe or slide or drag motion; I have to press pretty hard to have it work; a casual swipe won't do it. The trackpad makes up for it somewhat in that it is convenient to scroll with that while holding it. If it had to ding it on anything else it would be the overactive volume, the weight, and the lackluster low resolution camera (but you do get a front facing camera which is really nice.. or would be if there was a decent video call app). Overall a fun machine with all the bells and whistles (front camera, gps, compass, accelerometer, upgrade to 2.2 coming, 3G support, real Market out of the box...). Got mine rooted now. All the Apps I've tried so far have worked.

tcat

Nov 17, 2010
How good/bad is the rear camera? I was playing with te front camera at BB and not impressed at all, but I think it's only .3mp. Can you take a decent photo with the rear camera? Post any good ones? 2mp "should" be decent enough.

I'm stuck deciding between the S7, the Samsung Intercept (Virgin Mobile), a Dell m101z, or waiting for the Archos 43 (talk about apples and oranges!) Pretty sure the S7 will be "in my pocket" by the end of the week (especially if it's on sale black Friday).

brachiopod

Nov 22, 2010
I'll post some shots from the camera tomorrow. I have an Intercept too, and these things are different animals. I don't think that I'd want to whip out the tablet and use it as a phone, not even with a bluetooth, and it is going to be very hard/impossible to beat the unlimited data plans on VM. The intercept is nice and portable, and I'm keeping it, probably won't get a data plan for the Huawei S7. The camera on the intercept is actually pretty good, and it is nice and "fast" at f/2.8 if you are into photography.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.