igg

igg

Sep 14, 2012
You're right there igg, everyone makes a mistake now and then. If you can't handle that, pretty soon you won't have any friends. Besides, you and your mate probably shared a few beers during the few hours work, so it wasn't a complete loss anyway.:rolleyes: Also, I'm glad to hear you were able to recover your daughter's songs for her even though you don't care for her taste in music. Hopefully, she'll remember that on Father's day.;)
Just going back to the hard drive problem I had where my mate opened the WD case and was able to hook up to the internal workings of this hard drive and in doing so found that all the data was intact,and he then went on to clone this data to another hard drive, Wellhe has come up with a further option and that is as he has determined that the internal workings of the hard drive was intact he was then able to obtain a new case/enclosure for this 1tb hard drive for a cost of $36 which makes it a much better deal than buying a brand new 1 tb Wd hard drive which I guess would not leave you a lot of change out of $120. so if any one has a problem with their hard drive not being recognised by their computer just prise the case open and hook the internal drive up to determine if you have not lost your data and if not go to your computer workshop and get them to order a new case for you,or even better you may be able to order one direct from WD.
So there you go and that is my helpfull hint for the week so just put the cheque in the mail (as if)

igg

Sep 14, 2012
:cool:
You're right there igg, everyone makes a mistake now and then. If you can't handle that, pretty soon you won't have any friends. Besides, you and your mate probably shared a few beers during the few hours work, so it wasn't a complete loss anyway.:rolleyes: Also, I'm glad to hear you were able to recover your daughter's songs for her even though you don't care for her taste in music. Hopefully, she'll remember that on Father's day.;)
Just going back to the hard drive problem I had where my mate opened the WD case and was able to hook up to the internal workings of this hard drive and in doing so found that all the data was intact,and he then went on to clone this data to another hard drive, Wellhe has come up with a further option and that is as he has determined that the internal workings of the hard drive was intact he was then able to obtain a new case/enclosure for this 1tb hard drive for a cost of $36 which makes it a much better deal than buying a brand new 1 tb Wd hard drive which I guess would not leave you a lot of change out of $120. so if any one has a problem with their hard drive not being recognised by their computer just prise the case open and hook the internal drive up to determine if you have not lost your data and if not go to your computer workshop and get them to order a new case for you,or even better you may be able to order one direct from WD.
So there you go and that is my helpfull hint for the week so just put the cheque in the mail (as if)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Thank you for the hint igg. Always nice to save a few dollars.:rolleyes:

igg

Sep 14, 2012
He could be a former Zenithink employee that started is own business reselling Chinese tablets... I've gotten similar emails over the last two years, I just mark them as SPAM...
Hey Omarahum or any other clued up user out there,I noted that you said you used a mouse with your tablet,well my wife has a lenovo think pad tablet that runs the Android 4.1 ?system and she is an experienced windows user and has difficulty in adapting to a touch screen and would prefer a mouse, and we purchased a microsoft blue tooth notebook 5000 mouse that was marked as being compatible with most or many android tablets, well guess what it aint working on her lenovo tablet, any ideas on what mouse would be good on this or other tablets? and if it has to be blue tooth, or perhaps it might be in the method she is using to set it up, luckily we are able to exchange the blue tooth we have got but need to find out what is the best way to go;

igg

Sep 14, 2012
Hey guys guess what? I just messed around and tried to pairthis microsoft 5000 mouse with my Asus tf101 and believe it or not the bloody thing paired,but so far it wont work with her lenovo so we still need your input.

igg

Sep 14, 2012
Hey guys guess what? I just messed around and tried to pairthis microsoft 5000 mouse with my Asus tf101 and believe it or not the bloody thing paired,but so far it wont work with her lenovo so we still need your input.

Sorry guy's all is well, the Ministress of internal affairs and home finance may be a whizz on Windows but Android baffles her a tad,but the Lenovo tablet has now accepted that it must behave and allow the mouse to work.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
You are good, igg! I can't believe you couldn't turn that " Zenithing" of yours into a real android guy!

igg

Sep 14, 2012
Yeah easier said than done,but I suppose one good thing has come out of it and that is the grandkids get great delight in playing frisbees with it,and dont forget I'm still working on that poem but I've run in to a bit of trouble trying to get something to ryhme with "i dont know"

igg

Sep 14, 2012
Hey guy's, I have another little bloody zenethink problem in that sometime back I managed to get rid of one of the two zenethink zt180 that I had by giving it to a guy.
I hadn't spoke to this guy since (for fear of him giving me a burst for the bit of rubbish I'd landed him with) however I ran into him earlier today and surprise surprise he told me that the bloody thing was good for what he used it for and that was for loading up and reading books ,but here comes the tough bit in that he told me he cant rerogramme the bloody thing and that all my wifes emails are still coming through on it,I know I cleared the rubbish bin before givng it to him so how he is still getting these mails is a bloody mystery, he also sad that he has tried to reset the thing by pressing all the right buttons and sticking pins in the reset aperture but all to no avail.
So over to you guys how do we stop him receiving our emails,and would it help if we set up a new password for our service provider????

igg

Sep 14, 2012
Glad to hear you've got that sorted out igg.
Hey Spider, I posted a request for help a few days back and to date haven't received a reply, which is a bit out of the ordinary for this forum so perhaps i failed to put it through correctly? if it didn't come through could you please let me know and if it did it may be that it is in the to hard basket,which wouldnt surprise me as it was a question on one of these amazing zenethinks and even though i had given the thing away it is still coming back to haunt me

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hey Igg, assuming it's the post about your wife's emails, it did come through. If your wife logs into her email account and changes her password, any attempts by the other tablet to read her emails should fail. Your friend should also delete the email app from that tablet, because he'll probably start getting messages about the failed attempts to access the emails. I'm not familiar with that tablet, but if he does a long press on the email app I think either a garbage can or a list of options will appear. If it's the garbage can, he should drag the app and drop it into the can. If it's the list, one of the options should be to delete it. Hope that takes care of it.

igg

Sep 14, 2012
Thank's Spider and yeah we were going to change the password but was waiting on the guy to tell us what emails were coming through as my wife uses our local internet provider along with another address at gmail.
But I have sent your reply on to him so we'll see how he goes.
Just another bit of imformation and that is that my wife and myself will be visiting your fair country,or near enough in that we are travelling to Hawaii and then cruising bck through the Pacific to Australia, but we are only spending 3 nights in Honolulu before the cruise as we have been there before (on our honeymoon many moons ago) so there is no need to see what we have previously seen though last time we spent most of our time on the isle of Kona and that was magnificent.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
we have been there before (on our honeymoon many moons ago)

Welcome back to the US in advance, I hope you enjoy this visit as much as you did the last. (Being your honeymoon, I assume you enjoyed the last.:rolleyes:) My wife and I spent our honeymoon in Hawaii as well. (Also, many moons ago.:eek:) I enjoyed the best coffee I've ever had on Kona, and have tried many brands of Kona coffee since but they all seem to fall short of the coffee I had there. Maybe you've got to actually be there and on your honeymoon or something.:cool: