igg

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
Thank's omarahum, I think I might just leave the bloody thing as is, and just use it to keep the kid's amused be that by playing games or playing frisbee with it (sorry spider but they have just got used to using it as a frisbee) also I'll give it a go to play some movies using mvideoplayer.
Hey igg,
Just wanted to let you know, I finally got around to flashing my ZT-180 Original 10" tablet with the stock Zenithink 0117 Éclair ROM, and everything seems to be working, Market is able to download apps, so I guess it was some sort of data corruption causing the problem, because I tried everything I could think of to try and fix the Market downloading issue without having to flash it and nothing worked....

igg

Sep 14, 2012
Hey igg,
Just wanted to let you know, I finally got around to flashing my ZT-180 Original 10" tablet with the stock Zenithink 0117 Éclair ROM, and everything seems to be working, Market is able to download apps, so I guess it was some sort of data corruption causing the problem, because I tried everything I could think of to try and fix the Market downloading issue without having to flash it and nothing worked....

Thanks omarahum, mine must have been corrupted since say one,as it has always been a problem.
Is it difficult to do to mine what you have done to your's? if not I'd give it a go,but not being a computer whiz kid I'd probably stuff it up but dont really give a bugger as I wouldnt be losing much just a well used frisbee.

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
Thanks omarahum, mine must have been corrupted since say one,as it has always been a problem.
Is it difficult to do to mine what you have done to your's? if not I'd give it a go,but not being a computer whiz kid I'd probably stuff it up but dont really give a bugger as I wouldnt be losing much just a well used frisbee.
No, it shouldn't be that hard.... You just need to use a Windows XP 32bit computer for the burntool to work and flash the tablet over a usb cable (mini on the tablet side (right under the power input socket) to full on the computer side)....

0117 Éclair ROM: epad_0117.rar

For using burntool v7.41 - (password for setting is zenithink)

The files should linked as follows in the Settings menu, with a check in the box and the full path of the file and filename listed (i.e.: C:\epad_0117\zt-update\ZT_Bx.spl) (use brower button to link your file) and save your settings. Make sure WinCE is unchecked.

Burntool Settings

• uboot-spl - ZT_Bx.spl
  • uboot-img - ZT_Bx.boot
  • linux-kernel - zImage
  • linux-sys - system.pack.img
  • linux-udat - userdata.pack.img
  • Memory Options - scrub (also checked)

** (only to be used if you are flashing from the 1030 ROM or older, and error while flashing the spl can brick the device, make sure the tablet is fully charged and plugged into the power cord, and do not interrupt the process, just follow the prompts on your screen when flashing, DO NOT put the ZT_Bx.spl file in your /sdcard/zt-update folder, flashing spl from sdcard can brick the device)
Attach your tablet via the OTG USB while it's off, turn it on in flashmode (hold round button in front and then the power button and hold for 3-5 seconds), if you installed the secbulk drivers, Device10 will turn green and you can click start to flash the tablet, if you haven't and you are on a 32 bit windows computer, it should prompt you to install the drivers for the SEC SOC Test Board (what the computer recognizes the tablet as in flashmode), install the secbulk drivers, and for good measure, turn the tablet back off and then go back into flashmode and as soon as device10 turns green in burntool, then press start. The flashing should commence.

Last edited:

igg

Sep 14, 2012
Hey, steady on if you needed a pavement design for a vehicle highway/freeway I could do that standing on my head or if you needed to know how to handle an unbroken horse I could I could give some advice but to do what you have just explained on flashing a zenethink I would be completely lost, I'm not bad on using programmes that have been loaded up but as for the more complex stuff I take to a mate who owns and runs a computer workshop who does it for me and in payment I give him some advise on a rural housing subdivision he is developing (not that either of us requires payback as that isn't the way to win friend's and influence people).
So if I decide that this bloody zenethink is worth changing I'll just trot on down to hisworkshop armed with your instructions and hand the whole box and dice over to him, (though he did warn me that if he ever got to touch a zenethink again he would do it unrepairable damage)
And just a quick one to finish on and it is in regard to our champion race horse Black Caviar and the news is that following her 25th straight win (she has never been defeated) the connections have decided to retire her and put her to a stallion, and you can only imagine what her offspring would bring in the saleyard.

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
It's really not that difficult if you have a Windows XP 32 computer....

First, get the files you need: Download the file and unrar/unzip it....

Second, install the driver for burntool: Have the tablet off, connect it to your Windows XP 32bit computer, then turn it on while holding the round button in front for 3-5 seconds... If your computer detects it and asks for drivers, point it to the secbulk.inf file in the Burn_with_USB folder.... If the driver is successfully installed, hold the power button for 10 seconds and then let go, the tablet should turn off...

Third, set up the burntool: In the Burn_with_USB folder, double click on the burntool.exe file, it should open.... Next click Settings, it is password protected, input zenithink for the password.... Then in the configure window that pops up, just go to each line, put a check in the box, click the brower button and point it to/link it to each file in the zt-update folder:
The uboot-spl refers to the ZT_Bx.spl file.
The uboot-img refers to the ZT_Bx.boot file.
The linux-kernel refers to the zImage file.
The linux-sys refers to the system.pack.img file.
The linux-udat refers to the userdata.pack.img file.
Memory Options - scrub (also check that box), it will make sure everything gets formatted first.
Just make sure all the boxes are checked except for the WinCE one, and all the files are linked properly.... Then click on save....

Fourth, flash the tablet: Once the burntool is setup properly, and the drivers have already been installed on your computer, turn the tablet back on by holding the power and the round button in front again for 3-5 seconds... In the main window of the burntool, the top Device10 status box should turn green, once that happens just click on Start....

That's it... Then your tablet will be updated...

I'm still tweaking my tablet, but after installing ADWex launcher and a few apps, and changing the wallpaper, this is how my tablet looks:
screenshot_000001.png

screenshot_000003.png

screenshot_000002.png

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
And just a quick one to finish on and it is in regard to our champion race horse Black Caviar and the news is that following her 25th straight win (she has never been defeated) the connections have decided to retire her and put her to a stallion, and you can only imagine what her offspring would bring in the saleyard.

I imagine that decision came as a big disappointment to you, but I'm equally sure Frankel will be happy to hear he'll be seeing her sooner than expected.:rolleyes: You'll miss out on a little rubbing of those pom gentry noses in the mud, but apparently the connections didn't feel it was worth the risk to her. Memories of what happened to Phar Lap perhaps or maybe even that she might not win. As they say, "stuff happens". The difference between undefeated and only one loss could make a huge difference in the value of her offspring.

igg

Sep 14, 2012
Not really a big surprise as she had beaten the best sprinters in Australia with these horses being recognised as being equal to any thing from other countries, also she beat the best that europe including england had to offer.
The poms have a little problem of their own at the moment with the english based largest racing operation in the world called Godolphin going in to damage control with their senior trainer being banned for 8 years for doping their horses.
Following this incident the pommy media made accusations that Black Caviar had probably been given growth hormones or similar banned substances,and all I have to say to that is SOUR GRAPES as this mare is a huge horse and to give her growth hormones would have resulted in her never seeing a race course,also they need to understand that Australian racing is amongst the best controlled racing operations in the world.
So you pommy whingers put that where it hurts most,and if you want to get another chance what about your horses coming across the world to our fair shores and take us on instead of us having to send our animals to your dark and rainy shores.
(how about that for a great bit of literature)

igg

Sep 14, 2012
Hey omarahum unfortunately we dont have the required version of windows,but I'll just mosey on down to my mates computer workshop and let him operate on the upgrade (firstly I have to come up with a feasible excuse for bringing a zenethink into his workshop)
In your rundown on how to upgrade you start by saying "first get the file you need" what file do I need? and how do I access it and then bring it up?
Stay tuned for more requests for help;
As we live on a few acres with a nice outlook I decided that I would get up early this morning and watch the sunrise,but as it is Autumn here we get 4 seasons in the one day sunny,cloudy,hot,cold but not wet as we are in the middle of a drought with only having one normal wet year in the past 12 years with other areas having severe floods,doesent say much for those that dispute we are having climate change,and unless the wold wakes up to this we will not be doing any favours for the coming generations

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
Hey omarahum unfortunately we dont have the required version of windows,but I'll just mosey on down to my mates computer workshop and let him operate on the upgrade (firstly I have to come up with a feasible excuse for bringing a zenethink into his workshop)
In your rundown on how to upgrade you start by saying "first get the file you need" what file do I need? and how do I access it and then bring it up?
Stay tuned for more requests for help;
I just meant to download the ROM file I uploaded to MediaFire, the epad_0117.rar - epad_0117.rar Just click on the link and then click on DOWNLOAD (74.44MB)... Then you'll need to unrar it, or maybe your mate can do that.... All the files you need should be in there (the burntool v7.41, the secbulk drivers for a Windows XP 32 bit computer to recognize the tablet when it's in flashmode, and the ROM files to flash to the tablet)....

I've actually since flashed back to the 0603 Froyo ROM.... If you want that version on your tablet, you still need to flash the 0117 Éclair ROM first, since the 0603 Froyo ROM needs to be flashed via a (fat32 formatted) sdcard, but the ZT_Bx.boot file of the 0117 ROM needs to be flashed on the tablet first via the burntool to get sdcard flashing capability.... With certain tweaks, there are more apps available on the Google Market/Play Store on Froyo than on Éclair... http://www.mediafire.com/file/tk98w8cmgqr287j/0603ZT180v1ZenithinkFTPfilesAndroid.zip

Some screenshots of Froyo on my tablet using (VTL Launcher):
shot_000002.png

shot_000003.png

Last edited:

igg

Sep 14, 2012
hi omarahum, I've been able to load a bit of data up on to this zt180 which keeps the grandkids interested (for all of 2 minutes)my question may be stupid but I wont know if I dont ask, will downloading the update allow the screen to be any more touch responsive? asI find this screen to have a mind of it's own and does not allow for accurate scrolling from one icon to other icons and the screen will either not respond at all or goes of at a great rate some times ending up on a different screen to what you want.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
It may or may not help but a dirty screen can make a difference. Try a good cleaning and see if it helps. If not, at least you will have a clean screen :)

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
hi omarahum, I've been able to load a bit of data up on to this zt180 which keeps the grandkids interested (for all of 2 minutes)my question may be stupid but I wont know if I dont ask, will downloading the update allow the screen to be any more touch responsive? asI find this screen to have a mind of it's own and does not allow for accurate scrolling from one icon to other icons and the screen will either not respond at all or goes of at a great rate some times ending up on a different screen to what you want.
To be honest I don't remember.... I messed up my ZT-180 10" Original's touchscreen when I first got it, trying to get all the bubbles out of a new screen protector I put on it, put a few dents in it, so my touchscreen was never accurate... I usually use a USB mouse with it now... Does calibrating the screen not help? Some people say changing to another launcher app helped improve the touchscreen performance also... And some people say that changing some values in the /etc/ts.conf file helped (going from module variance delta=30 & module dejitter delta=100 to module variance delta=1 & module dejitter delta=250).... Hopefully if you get your friend to flash your tablet, he can also root it and make these changes for you...

igg

Sep 14, 2012
It may or may not help but a dirty screen can make a difference. Try a good cleaning and see if it helps. If not, at least you will have a clean screen :)
Gee thank's for that bit of technical briiliance, and I tried your suggestion to clean the screen and the method I used was what we Aussies commonly use and that is to put it in the dishwasher however the screen now appears to be even less responsive,so if you have any other suggestions please let me have them,as after all it's only a bloody zenethink and I did'nt give much thought to cleaning the screen;

igg

Sep 14, 2012
Thank's omarahum, and it appears that I'm not the only silly bugger that cant put a screen protector on without buggering it up.