Image not cropping correctly

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Okay, I am not a total newb when it comes to photo editing, far from it...but for the life of me I can't figure out why my NC won't accept a pic I have uploaded. I have edited the stupid thing in photoshop to crop it to the right screen resolution of the NC, but every time I upload it to the NC, it won't crop correctly and if I don't get the whole pic, it looks like "where if its not Scottish..." :) (For those that don't get the reference...it's crap)

Has anyone else had this problem, or heard of this problem?

Here is the photo I am trying to put on my wallpaper> $285.jpg

I have even gone so far as to adjust the photo resolution (from 300 down to 72), and I even adjusted the canvas and added black behind it...still no glory.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I believe it has been mentioned you might need to add the wall paper in landscape mode. Have you tried that?

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
You know, I read that thread a few days ago and didn't think anything of it...I will find it in the morning and try again...thanks for reminding me.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
didn't work...I even went back and created a 1800x1024 image...

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Well there goes my shot in the dark.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
See "Useful links and Rooting Information" thread for proper wallpaper sizing. Basically if you are using a launcher, go back to NC stock home to do your wallpapers.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
See "Useful links and Rooting Information" thread for proper wallpaper sizing. Basically if you are using a launcher, go back to NC stock home to do your wallpapers.

Yeah, I guess I won't be able to use that pic...I followed the instructions on that thread last night and it still didn't work.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Yeah, I guess I won't be able to use that pic...I followed the instructions on that thread last night and it still didn't work.

Any pic will work. What is the res of this pic? NC stock launcher, hold in landscape.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Any pic will work. What is the res of this pic? NC stock launcher, hold in landscape.

I tried it at the original res of 300dpi, stepped it down to 72 dpi. I even got this pic from invisibledefenders.com (they are the ones that sell the vinyl's for the nook color with matching wallpapers)