Improving NC screen corner sensitivity

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
My NC seems to be at times not touch sensitive in the corners - it is especially noticable when i run market in portrait mode and click on the search icon - sometimes is takes me 2 to 3 presses to get it to search

so i went looking form something that might help and ran across this at XDA

basically this is a one touch screen recalibration app.
that you can easily launch rather than the traditional way of modifying the calibration ini

Make sure you don't touch the screen during recalibration.

Thanks to gojimi for this app

http://vegantab.gojimi.com/download/TouchRecalibrate.apk

groaten

Feb 3, 2011
I just tried it and it fixed my corner sensitivity issues and seems to have improved my keyboard accuracy.

Sent from my Nook Color using Android Tablet Forum App

jonesygirl

Feb 9, 2011
I was running into the same problem with market's search button. I now just use the SoftKeys search button instead, but maybe I'll try this fix.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

newellj79

Jan 4, 2011
I've had the same problems. I just tried this app i didn't notice a differnece personally.

sent from my rooted nook color

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
Yep same with me- market search now responds in one touch

I just tried it and it fixed my corner sensitivity issues and seems to have improved my keyboard accuracy.

Sent from my Nook Color using Android Tablet Forum App

NattyBee

Feb 13, 2011
My NC seems to be at times not touch sensitive in the corners - it is especially noticable when i run market in portrait mode and click on the search icon - sometimes is takes me 2 to 3 presses to get it to search

so i went looking form something that might help and ran across this at XDA

basically this is a one touch screen recalibration app.
that you can easily launch rather than the traditional way of modifying the calibration ini

Make sure you don't touch the screen during recalibration.

Thanks to gojimi for this app

http://vegantab.gojimi.com/download/TouchRecalibrate.apk

I have noticed the same issue...especially when using xScope....I shall try this app as soon as I get a chance... thanks!

sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
I ran it, and it seems to have helped the keyboard a lot, but that dang serach on the market still won't hit.. Takes 4-5 light pecks, followed by a couple angry ones usually, to get it to work.. Annoying!

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
I ran it, and it seems to have helped the keyboard a lot, but that dang serach on the market still won't hit.. Takes 4-5 light pecks, followed by a couple angry ones usually, to get it to work.. Annoying!

I've given up on the search button... just tap 'menu' then 'search' it'll save you lots of frustration.