Invisible Shield by Zagg

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
BBuy has the Invisible Shield by Zagg for the Huawei S7 available at the stores for $24.99..Excellent Screen Protector

I have the Zagg Invisible shield on my and my wife's Optimus phones. Very robust once you successfully go through the rather complex process of applying the protector and removing the bubbles etc (the Zagg is meant to be applied once for the "lifetime" of the phone and is scratch and tear resistant). However, while I did pick up a Zagg for my S7, I am holding off putting it on the tab because I found based on my experience with the Zagg on my phone that the "consistency" of the Zagg protector provides a lot of resistance to finger gestures when you have to apply pressure to the screen as is the case with the S7's resistive touch screen. This is not a real problem with my phone's capacitive multi-touch screen where only light pressure needs to be applied to the screen, but when you need to use your fingernail or stylus on the S7's resistive screen, it doesn't work very well IMO. As an alternative, I am using a Nook Color screen protector that I picked up at B&N for a bout $15 for a 2-pack based on the recommendation of another poster on this forum. It has a smoother gliding surface (similar to the OEM protector that is provided when you first open the S7 in the box) and seems to work better for the S7's resistive screen than the Zagg and like the Zagg it is a perfect dimensional fit for the screen and does not have to be cut to fit. Not saying don't use the Zagg (as you can see I like it on my capacitive multi-touch phone screen), but providing a user's perspective before you drop $25 on a Zagg on a characteristic of the Zagg protector that some might find objectionable. I think this "resistance" issue with the Zagg protector has been previously reported on the forum by others. As usual YMMV.

ufxss

Nov 16, 2010
Thanks vferrari....Picture attached..I have been trying it and so far without any significant difference against other protector I had before. Since I use a stylus or the fingernail, the other protector had scratches already. The Zagg I have in my phone is very good against scratches, which is the main reason I decided on it....If I find any significant difference I will report it

$IMG-20110112-00034.jpg

Last edited:

Jao36

Dec 30, 2010
I've used invisible sheild on my phones and they work great and last forever. I got one for my s7 last week.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Tapatalk

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Jao36 & ufxss -

Thanks for the input. As I said, I have the Zagg in hot standby (held onto it even after getting the Nook protectors) and may use it once I wear out the Nook protector since I know that one will eventually have to be replaced just like the oem protector that came with the tab. I just felt based on my phone experience that the Zagg would be too "resistive" for the S7 based on how much harder I have to press on the S7's resistive touchscreen versus my phone's capacitive screen. I know the Zagg will last forever based on the abuse I've given it on my phone :D

Sent from my Ideos S7

ufxss

Nov 16, 2010
Quick update. I did feel a little more difficulty by using just normal finger pressure, not when selecting, but when you slide the finger down or across the screen. But no problem with the stylus
The protector is harder but more "slippery " than others, creating less pressure on the screen when sliding across

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

InFamoUs

Dec 27, 2010
BBuy has the Invisible Shield by Zagg for the Huawei S7 available at the stores for $24.99..Excellent Screen Protector

My Sister has purchased many of these screen protectors and I must say they do what they claim and are very durable (well in my situation) so I agree that it is a smart Buy

fdeutsch

Jan 1, 2011
I bought the same one and so far excellent protector

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

ufxss

Nov 16, 2010
I will agree with VFERRARI, the Nook Color protector is thiner and it fits the S7. I changed the Zaag to the Nook protector and I am getting a better response from the screen that with the Zagg
Thanks for the info

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
I use nook color also. I found the scratches wipe off and looks new. So use your soft dry screen cleaners.

Sent from my Ideos S7

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
I used my second nook color protector on my HP Zeen 7" tablet that came with my new HP C510 printer. Works great. The Zeen is no Huawei S7 but it gets the job done at home, but that's a topic for a different forum. Ha.

efidol

Dec 30, 2010
I believe the Zagg shield for the S7 was the most impossible thing ive ever tried to install on anything... I put it on crookered then, tried to take it off to reapply and it ended up in a wadded up ball. Long story shot, a massive waste of $25... Anyone know the replacement procedure?

Sent from my Huawei Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
I believe the Zagg shield for the S7 was the most impossible thing ive ever tried to install on anything... I put it on crookered then, tried to take it off to reapply and it ended up in a wadded up ball. Long story shot, a massive waste of $25... Anyone know the replacement procedure?

Sent from my Huawei Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

Yeah, installation can go south rather quickly. I found that out on my wife's phone after I had successfully installed a Zagg on mine. That's one of the reasons that I went with the Nook Color protectors on the S7 (in addition to cost and smoother gliding surface). I was a little intimidated in getting the Zaggs because I knew that the installation would be a little tricky given that Best Buy charges customers $8 to install them on phones and tablets. Not trying to rub it in, just letting others know that install is not exactly a walk in the park. One thing I found however is that as long as you get it installed nearly straight in the first place and you have plenty of application/cleaning solution applied you can slide it around a little to get it aligned but there is not much margin for error (you have about 2-3 minutes to reapply after that or if you stretch it out you are toast) so I can see where it can become a nightmare. Also, I found the residual bubbles that you can't squeegee out ultimately disappear within a few days time. Check out the Zagg webiste here: ZAGG | Frequently Asked Questions for more info regarding replacement support. Good luck.

Last edited:

Snyperx

Nov 22, 2010
I installed the Zagg on my S7 as well. I thought it installed pretty easy. Just had to take my time. It's a pretty beefy screen protector.

PhillyBill

Jan 31, 2011
I dropped the extra 25 to get the Zagg shield but I wish I would have seen this thread first, I am one of the folks who actually likes resistive and do not see this as a drawback for the s7 however now with the Zagg on it I am definately feeling some drag when I use my fingernails and it is making me not like resistive. Seems that these screen protectors would work better on capacitive. I am ready to rip it off, I think I may order a different brand as some have recently popped up on ebay.