Is it just me but I don't see a good reason to update to 1.1 ??

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
faceman, I haven't updated to 1.1 yet so I am not sure about those changes but I can say that 1.0.1 is better than 1.0.0. I am not sure how much of a difference it makes given that you are rooted and overclocked, but you should probably do yourself the favor of updating to 1.0.1 at least. Especially so if you use the B&N launcher in any way at all (books, magazines etc.).

I have every intention of doing so (upg to 1.0.1) I am just holding off for some research purposes. I am also looking to figuring out if we CAN create a unRoot ROM that allows me to easily flash back just for kicks.

However, my B&N launcher menu works just fine still. Is it supposed to be broken?

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
I have every intention of doing so (upg to 1.0.1) I am just holding off for some research purposes. I am also looking to figuring out if we CAN create a unRoot ROM that allows me to easily flash back just for kicks.

However, my B&N launcher menu works just fine still. Is it supposed to be broken?

There is a rom to take you back to stock and will even remove cwr

Sent via the ether that used to be my mind...

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011

That sounds cool and like a good reason to still be at 1.0.0. I was wondering since you seem to be pretty good at all of this.

No the B&N launcher isn't "broken" but the default B&N stuff seemed like it worked a lot better once I updated to 1.0.1. I was unrooted for a while before I got my SD card and palyed with both versions while stock and thought 1.0.1 just ran better.

So far I have been happy at 1.0.1 and haven't felt much need to go to 1.1 until I got bored and just started looking for more to do ;)

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
There is a rom to take you back to stock and will even remove cwr

Sent via the ether that used to be my mind...

Ahh, can you point me in that direction? I have not found that yet.

That sounds cool and like a good reason to still be at 1.0.0. I was wondering since you seem to be pretty good at all of this.

No the B&N launcher isn't "broken" but the default B&N stuff seemed like it worked a lot better once I updated to 1.0.1. I was unrooted for a while before I got my SD card and palyed with both versions while stock and thought 1.0.1 just ran better.

So far I have been happy at 1.0.1 and haven't felt much need to go to 1.1 until I got bored and just started looking for more to do ;)

Awesome to hear, and I look forward to finding out myself soon. :)

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Ahh, can you point me in that direction? I have not found that yet.

[RECOVERY][ZIP] Nook Color Restore to stock - xda-developers

This is the thread at XDA that will take you back to stock 1.0.0 or 1.0.1 (depending on the file you download)

Run it in conjunction with the bootable CWR from the thread here:
[RECOVERY] Monster RootPack 0.5 / Clockwork Recovery 3.0.0.5 SD (Block 1.1 too!) - xda-developers

Basically, You put the CWR image on a SD card, then copy the stock image from the first thread onto the card as well.

Boot your NC to the SD card (which takes you into a CWR interface)

From there you format the /system and /data, then install ROM from zip file (pointing it of course to the stock ROM zip file you just put on the SD card)

When it is done, it will have removed CWR from your internal ROM (if you had it installed) and reset your device back to the stock image you chose...It effectively does the 8 failed attempts, data wipe

I have tested this method and it works perfectly.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Vic, this is awesome news for easily getting back to stock. Just to be clear when you say format /system and /data you mean on the internal memory correct?

-JP

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Vic, this is awesome news for easily getting back to stock. Just to be clear when you say format /system and /data you mean on the internal memory correct?

-JP

Yes JP...it will format the internal memory...it is doing what the 8 failed attempts and reset are designed to do.

but it is important to remember that you need that zip file with the stock image...otherwise when you reboot, there will be nothing to reboot to...

CWR is a powerful tool, but can cause great damage if not careful with it.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Yes JP...it will format the internal memory...it is doing what the 8 failed attempts and reset are designed to do.

but it is important to remember that you need that zip file with the stock image...otherwise when you reboot, there will be nothing to reboot to...

CWR is a powerful tool, but can cause great damage if not careful with it.

This means i could 'revert' my rooted 1.0.0 to an unrootef 1.0.1... how nifty.

Sent from my LogicPD Zoom2 using Tapatalk

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Yep, and it would be as if you took it out of the box like that...I really should do a writeup of using those two threads for a single purpose.

Its what I figured out when I tried to unroot but forgot to uninstall CWR...

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Any rumors on when the next one will show up? I guess I better go check out that "disable updates" thread....I'd hate to have all my hard work undone by an unexpected update.

Thanks... I think you are absolutely right.... will wait for the 'BIG ONE' and enjoy the pleasure of ownership and all the neat stuff my NC provides for my entertainment !

The BIG ONE, most likely next. :)
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...eline-updates-development-nook-app-store.html