Just to make sure...if I update to 1.2, I can still go back to 1.1 with a good backup

kato

May 22, 2011
I have been lurking for awhile, and have a rooted 1.1 NC. I am having trouble with a few Children's books I bought, so I wanted to make sure it's not me rooting my NC. I have reverted back to stock NC 1.1 and still have the problem ( "Internal error: Reader does not support available file type").

I am thinking of "updating" to 1.2 to see if that helps, but just want to make sure I can go back to my rooted 1.1 via my backup on my bootable CWR SD card before I do.

Thanks for appeasing a newbie!

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Yes you can. You can restore exactly back to the backup just by flashing from CWR even after updating to 1.2 or even a custom ROM.

JP

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
kato, if you bought the books from B&N, that should solve your problem. If not, they may truly be in a format that the B&N reader doesn't support and you may need another reader.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
The children's books won't work in the B&N app, only in the B&N stock or rooted OS. It is the one unsupported feature of the app at the moment so you have to stay with the B&N OS either stock or rooted. Since you say you are rooted it should be working, so I am not sure what the issue may be at the moment. Maybe they are working on some updates on the B&N side.