Is there anyone local that can help Root Kyros 7015?

aolson

Dec 26, 2010
I live in Woodstock Georgia and need help rooting my COBY Kyros MID 7015. I've tried on my own by following the threads instructions, but have been unsuccessful. Does anyone know if there is anyone in my local area that could assist? I asked Geek Squad, but they don't work with the Android OS. Thanks.

jetta02awp

Dec 14, 2010
Follow the super easy way to root and install Google market...its stickied at the top of the forum.

Sent from my SPH-M900

aolson

Dec 26, 2010
Its not super easy for some...I tried and some of the files wouldn't download, etc.

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
Hi aolson,
I'll be in Buford mid March.
You should have it done before then though.
To get some specific help you have to give us some specific detail.
Post the link to the tread you are following and the step(s) that doesn't (don't) work for you.

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
Let us know on what part your stuck on. What files did you download but won't take? Did you put them in the right place? External or Internal ? If done right it only takes 30 mins tops...

On a side note and please don't take this the wrong way but if your having a really hard time with it , maybe rooting is not for you. What is it that you want to have root for ? Is it just for the market ? You can download lots of apps from other places... You can Google APK's and find sites you can transfer them to your tablet from your computer and install...

Last edited:

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
Funny, I was just looking at the apps I use. Only about 1/4 are from GoogleMarket and checking I'm finding half of those are on AppsLib now. I think the value of rooting and GoogleMarket is over-estimated and shrinking.

jetta02awp

Dec 14, 2010
This is very true. The only problem I had with apps lib was the fact that most of the apps were old versions.

Sent from my SPH-M900

rossjhsn

Dec 28, 2010
I consider myself very tech savvy but the root instructions did not work out of the box for me.some of the links were wrong, some software didnt work like the latest version of Java with the shell program. Anyway i am glad I persevered, because I now have Kindle and Nook as well as lots of other cool apps but it was not a cookbook experience.
Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

M in KC

Jan 12, 2011
Search YouTube for Coby Kyros MID7015. There's a guy on there that walks through the rooting process. I struggled with the sticky instructons as well but the YouTube video worked like a charm for me. But agian I'm the slow kid in the corner.

M in KC

Jan 12, 2011
In my best Homer Simpson voice "...donnt" The video helped me a bunch. I guess I'm a more visual learner.