jus got a coby kyros ice cream sandwich and NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!

kjlaw

Mar 19, 2015
i jus bought this tablet for my daughter n im so used to the google play app store n ive already seen its not on here but it has an app store calledgetjar and i cant even get it to download....if someone could please help me get an app store for her so she can play games id GREATLY appreciate it

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Are you certain you have a good WiFi connection and what exactly happened when you tried installing the Amazon app?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Have you gone into your Settings under Security and allowed installing apps from unknown sources?

kjlaw

Mar 19, 2015
it sent me to a failed webpage
n yes i have unknown sources checked i need some serious help or ima take it back i figured since it was android itd have one of the main playstores
i have wifi at home with nothin else running on my connection is as highas it can be

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
As an option, you could root and add the Play Store to your Coby, as I have done to mine. However, you seem to have a larger issue here. Amazon Appstore should have worked flawlessly on your Coby. I have it on mine along with the Play Store and I have no problems.

Is your router a wireless N router, and is it set to a N exclusive setting? Coby tablets, from my recollection, use B and G only.

kjlaw

Mar 19, 2015
traveller1701 i have no idea what ur talking about but if u could walk me thru it to figure it out im willing to try anything
and leeshore ill try it thanks

kjlaw

Mar 19, 2015
ok so i got the amazon app store i may have been doin it wrong the first time now how do i get google play store if i cant thats fine

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
I need to know what model of Coby you have. The model number should be on the back. If it's the right model, then the link in my signature will take you where you need to go. However, if you don't know the difference between WiFi frequencies B, G, and N, I don't believe you should try to put the Play Store on your tablet because the process is neither quick nor painless.

Use Amazon's appstore and call it a day.