Keeps shutting off

efidol

Dec 30, 2010
So last night i was watchin a video and fell asleep w/ my s7 on the arm of the couch, woke up and it was on the floor... Now it keeps randomly shutting off and most of the time when the screen turns off it wont turn back on when i press any of the buttons, i either have to remove the battery or plug it in... Floor is carpet so if could have only fell like 2ft tops and hit plush carpet. Any ideas on what could be wrong, and how to remedy this!?

Sent from my Huawei Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
this may sound too simplistic, but also take a moment to reseat your battery. I had mine slide off the carseat onto the floormat and had the same issue. The battery was not lined up completely right. I had to take it out completely, blow off the contacts and reseat it.

efidol

Dec 30, 2010
did the suggested methods listed above and no improvement. i love my S7. had to take it in to BB for exchange today :-( mfg warranty... 3-5 days for return. wouldn't do an even swap in-store. on the plus side i should get a new charger, stylus and battery (all extras) called Huawei yesterday and they told me to take it to BB and exchange. told BB that Huawei told me to return it minus all accessories and battery (although that didn't come up during the 27:46 min call to Huawei), which when you call the 1-800-4-HUAWEI number says "your call is important to us, the max. wait time is 5 minutes, if your call is not answered in 5 minutes your call will be transferred to a tech support admin., so after 25'ish minutes on hold (on my cell, eating up my minutes, glad i have thousands of rollover minutes) and 2+ minutes of actually talking to a person i was told it was an electrical/circuitry problem and advised to exchange it... p.s. it was boot looping and every time the screen would time out it, it would shut down and restart over and over and over again (very annoying to say the least) but only when not plugged in to the charger, i would plug in and it was miraculously fixed??? so "I" decided to do a factory resed and format the internal SD card and it seemed to solve the problem, so i was like i'll just keep it, must've been an error in the OS, until i started installing my stuff from the Market (updated and such) then it did it again so i decided to do the exchange, reluctantly. kept the batery and accessories to be an a$$ because BB wouldn't give the the $50 off when it was on sale, so i figure the extra battery alone will be worth the missing $ and i'll get the other stuff to boot. :)

efidol

Dec 30, 2010
Got my new tablet today... Brand new with all accessories, battery charger etc so now i have extras... Sweet!

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

foobaz123

Nov 22, 2010
Got my new tablet today... Brand new with all accessories, battery charger etc so now i have extras... Sweet!

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

We should all have such "terrible" S7 accidents :D

Sent from the awesome ZTab :D

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
ha ha...mine went into boot loop the other day, but it all fixed itself up when I removed the battery.

princemarqs

Dec 24, 2011
got this problem, i actually recieved it from my old mans friend (delievered by him) idk if he kinda drop it or sumtin. but my s7 keeps on rebooting. without the batteries while charged, still reboots itself. I got this as a christmas present but up to this time im not having fun of it. reboots all the time. someone please gimme some hints? I wanna cry F**K.