Keyboard Making Clicking Sound

zuc

Dec 10, 2010
I looked through a few pages of the forum, but didn't see a similar post so I have to create a thread.

As the title says, the keyboard makes a clicking sound when I type. How can I quiet it? I looked into the Settings, but no help from there.

Thank you

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Should be in Settings->Language & keyboard->Android Keyboard and there is a check box for sounds on keypress. Did you actually go to the menu for the keyboard itself?

zuc

Dec 10, 2010
Thank you for the quick reply.

I am there. It's unchecked.

Maybe I should check it and find out.

zuc

Dec 10, 2010
Got it.

It's not "Sound on keypress" under Android keyboard. It's actually "Keypad tone" on/off under Huawei IME settings.

Thank you

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
glad you worked it out, I use the Android keyboard not the Huawei IME so I didn't check that one.

Cheers,
P

Triune

Nov 29, 2010
As the title says, the keyboard makes a clicking sound when I type. How can I quiet it? I looked into the Settings, but no help from there.

I got that also and by accident dropped the tone level to zero when typing, and that also stops the sound

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
You have to go all the way into the settings specific for the Keyboard, not just for Language & Keyboard to see where it usually is. also, if you are using a custom or non-standard keyboard it may be someplace else entirely.

You can also check your Sound Settings, you may have a Silent Mode setting depending on your device type and configuration