Kinpad I600 7" Capacitive, Phone 3G GPS Wifi HDMI 2.2

tobyw01

Sep 28, 2010
Were did you order your from ? Given the way the Galaxy Tab's price is dropping it may be better to get a Tab

I had it on pre-order from Aliexpress since october. I got it for $345. A Galaxy Tab would have been good but I don't want to be locked into a contract and I want it un-locked, because I travel a lot, so it still would be a bit expensive without a contract.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Let us know how it goes. Maybe you will turn skeptics into believers.

Good luck...

tobyw01

Sep 28, 2010
Thanks, I know support is going to be spotty, in any at all. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Mr Dasher

Jan 8, 2011
Thanks, I know support is going to be spotty, in any at all. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

As I'm mentioned in another thread that I've had the Kinpad for about a week. I was lucky it got sent before Chinese New Year. The build quality is very good. Heavier than expected.

I thought about buying the Samsung Galaxy Tab but wanted to mess around with the guts of the device and android. The stuff Samsung doesn't want you to play with. The 3G works well, the power adapter and cables are cheap . There is no HDMI cable. There is no branding on the tablet or box which leads me to think that they may be branded by another manufacture.

My concern is trying to buy accessories like screen protectors and cases. Also because the manufacture is small then it may be tough to get Android 3 installed.

Mr. D

Mr Dasher

Jan 8, 2011
Now that Chinese New Year is coming to a close many of you will start receiving the Kinpad I600 you ordered. Considering that not a lot is really known about the tablet, I thought now would be a great time to start a discussion thread.

What I have been able to figure out is that the tablet was at least designed by a Chinese company called Eavoo. Their website is www . eavoo. com and www. ehoo. com. On this site the Kinpad is called the Kintab. There appears to be software updates. If there is a update to Android 3 this is probably the place to find it.

I have not done much with the device mod wise though i was able to root the OS with superoneclick. I tried to overclockusing setCPU but it didn`t work which leads me to believe that the ability to O/C is not enabled. I`d like to install Clockworkmod / ROM Manager so i can backup the ROM before i start messing around. Since this is my first Android device I`m trying to take it safe and slow.

The tablet has raised buttons. One is for the taskmanager which is a good idea. I would like to know if I can swapout the current simple taskmanager for more complete version and still have it launched with the button.

Of course I am looking for screen protectors and silicone /rubber shells.

So far i have no regrets.

I look forward to read what others have to say about thiw unique tablet.

I forgot to mention that there is absolutely no branding on the box or the actual tablet. When you boot there is no Kinpad logo. Needless to say this leads me to think that this tablet will be rebranded by another company. I read somewhere that Gigabyte registered the name kinpad. Lets hope.

M D

Last edited:

tobyw01

Sep 28, 2010
Great idea starting the thread. You beat me to it. It has a Freescale processor so it should probably go under that section instead of Unlisted? I have mine rooted with z4root. I have ROM Manager installed but could not install a recovery ROM. I noticed that my external sdcard mounts to to different locations sometimes after re-booting (/extsd or /mnt/sdcard1). I was looking into fstab so see if there was a problem. I did notice two locations for it but I'll comment one out later, like you I want to get a backup before I start to change system files. I did switch to ADW Launcher I prefer it to native Home app. I will try to install a nother task manager later and let you know if I can switch it.

Last edited:

Mr Dasher

Jan 8, 2011
....... It has a Freescale processor so it should probably go under that section instead of Unlisted?.....

I agree about switching it to the Freescale section. Makes sense because we want to share that knowledge base. How should we do it? Repost the same postings to the Freescale forum? I don't want to piss anyone off.

MD

tobyw01

Sep 28, 2010
I agree about switching it to the Freescale section. Makes sense because we want to share that knowledge base. How should we do it? Repost the same postings to the Freescale forum? I don't want to piss anyone off.

MD

I think we can PM the Moderator and he can move it. Thanks for the links I was looking for software for months for this tablet and couldn't find anything. I bought mine from Aliexpress it was named Galaxy G-tab. I noticed that the two sites have different version numbers for the software. I'm thinking about trying one it may fix a couple small problems I've been having.

Mr Dasher

Jan 8, 2011
Hurray we`ve been moved. What type of problems are you having? Your a brave man to flash the bios. I wonder if we have the exact same setup. Mine has a long number like the files on the websites. It goes........... fk10.v2...........

tobyw01

Sep 28, 2010
Mine has a long number like the files on the websites. It goes........... fk10.v2...........

Same firmware on mine. The one on the website is v1 and on device is v2 so I probably won't be flashing it anytime soon. I'm just having the problem with adding my Facebook account, external sdcard sometimes gets mounted to wrong location, and when I attach a USB stick my ext partition on the internal memory (partition with apps on it) un-mounts.

Last edited:

tobyw01

Sep 28, 2010
Someone please run ASI and give me a few screenshots. Kernel build strings, anything. We know nothing about this tablet right now.

Here are some shots I took today.
$screenshot_6.png$screenshot_3.png$screenshot_2.png$screenshot_5.png

Mr Dasher

Jan 8, 2011
Same firmware on mine. The one on the website is v1 and on device is v2 so I probably won't be flashing it anytime soon. I'm just having the problem with adding my Facebook account, external sdcard sometimes gets mounted to wrong location, and when I attach a USB stick my ext partition on the internal memory (partition with apps on it) un-mounts.

Tobyw01 have you tried installing the facebook app from the market? I noticed when i was going through the market that apps i had on the kinpad all ready where being noted as not being installed. I updated acrobat to version 10.

One issue i am having is i get an error when i attempt to calibrate the screen.

I would love to do a teardown but don't have the guts.

tobyw01

Sep 28, 2010
Yes I have Facebook installed from the market, it still won't add sync account. Where did you find how to calibrate the screen?

Sent from my I600 using Tapatalk