Kinpad I600 7" Capacitive, Phone 3G GPS Wifi HDMI 2.2

Mr Dasher

Jan 8, 2011
Yes I have Facebook installed from the market, it still won't add sync account. Where did you find how to calibrate the screen?

Sent from my I600 using Tapatalk

It's in "setup" / "display". Have you had a chance to test the 3g? I'm having issues . I long log on to the internet but then it stops working.

tobyw01

Sep 28, 2010
It's in "setup" / "display". Have you had a chance to test the 3g? I'm having issues . I long log on to the internet but then it stops working.

Thanks, the auto calibrate failed for me as well. I'd been looking for that or somewhere to calibrate accelerometer, I just missed it. I was gonna try 3G this weekend. I have prepaid ATT so its taking a while for them to add funds to my account. I'll let you know how it goes.

Regards,

tobyw01

Sep 28, 2010

I am having the same problem with 3g. I noticed that it would last a minute or two then stop. If you go into the APN settings and save it without making any changes it would start working again for a few minutes. It may be the APN settings. I used ones for S7 tablet. I'll look up some variations later.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Mr Dasher

Jan 8, 2011
I don't think it's the APN because this would mean that we both entered them wrong. I think it may have to do with the fact that the tablet switches between Data and Voice. I use a program called Netinfo(?) and it shows that when i log on the cell connection is HSDPA and the data is working. After a few minutes it switches to UMTS and I have no data. I've been reading that in some cases phones will switch between the two in order to save battery power. Maybe ours switches and never switches back. I want to run a test to see if I stream constant data i.e. internet radio, if I would loose the data connection. I also have a Zpad arriving tomorrow so I can give that a test. At least it's not our individual units and probably a software issue. I couldn't imagine having to ship this tablet back to china. It was hard enough to get one I can't imagine trying to send it back. :0) Once this 3g issue is solved then it's on to over clocking.

tobyw01

Sep 28, 2010
I don't think it's the APN because this would mean that we both entered them wrong. I think it may have to do with the fact that the tablet switches between Data and Voice. I use a program called Netinfo(?) and it shows that when i log on the cell connection is HSDPA and the data is working. After a few minutes it switches to UMTS and I have no data. I've been reading that in some cases phones will switch between the two in order to save battery power. Maybe ours switches and never switches back. I want to run a test to see if I stream constant data i.e. internet radio, if I would loose the data connection. I also have a Zpad arriving tomorrow so I can give that a test. At least it's not our individual units and probably a software issue. I couldn't imagine having to ship this tablet back to china. It was hard enough to get one I can't imagine trying to send it back. :0) Once this 3g issue is solved then it's on to over clocking.

I installed "any cut" and created a shortcut to "phone info." Then I changed to wcdma only. I turned the radio off then on and it work for a while really good but when it sits idle it switches back to umts and drops. I'll play with a bit more to see if I can make it stick later.

tobyw01

Sep 28, 2010
I put it in gsm/cdma auto prl mode and it was able to switch between utms and stay connected, but I think I ran out of data. Try and let me know.

Tried it again and it didn't work. 2g works good though.

Mr Dasher

Jan 8, 2011
I put it in gsm/cdma auto prl mode and it was able to switch between utms and stay connected, but I think I ran out of data. Try and let me know.

Tried it again and it didn't work. 2g works good though.

I've tried 2g and it made no difference it still cut out. When you say you switched to gsm did you do that via the phone keypad? *#*#4636#*#* ?

I also tried using speedtest.net to provide a constant data stream and it still timed out. I have searched the web and haven't found peopl with similar problems.

eprom101

Feb 15, 2011
I haven't received my kinpad i600 yet, I purchased mine just before the chinese new year. I am sure the only USA gsm carrier supporting 3G on the i600 is AT&T because T-Mobile uses 1700 mhz for uplink. As far as the specs on the kinpad i600 frequency 1700 Mhz not supported so T-Mobile users will only connect at 2G which it turn really sucks because T-Mobile has a 3G unlimited prepaid data plan and AT&T only has 2Gb max 3G prepaid data plan, so if you go over 2Gb you pay extra $. As soon as I receive my unit I will also be testing 3G and I will post my findings for south central USA on AT&T network . Im curious to see if it drops 3G ......I hope not!

Im waiting anxiously units are supposed to ship out at the end of February

Thank you for your knowledgeable posts

Last edited:

Mr Dasher

Jan 8, 2011
Eprom101 welcome to the group. Except for the 3g issue, which i think is software related. I think you'll like the kinpad. I just purchased a 10" tablet and find myself liking the 7" form factor better. Here in canada my provider is Rogers with follows the same tech spec's as AT&T. Luckily i have a 6gig data plan. When you finally get your tablet I would be interested to findout what ROM version you have.

tobyw01

Sep 28, 2010
A welcomed surprise this morning. Okay guys an update is available. Release notes say it fixes problems with 3G module hopefully it works for us. I had a problem downloading the file. I had to right click on the link and do a save target as in Firefox on my PC.

1.png
Dear user, there is a new version for the device system with important bug fixed and improvements now. Please make sure the latest technology and service for you, we recommend you install the new version as soon as possible!
2.png
Please visit the following web site on your PC to download the upgrade file: Welcome
3.png
We suggest that you read the upgrading steps carefully before you download and install the new version. Please visit the web site on PC: Welcome

Release Notes(2011-02-16):
1. 优化了wifi、3G概率性无法上网的问题。 Optimized the problem that 3G module can’t access to the internet when switch wifi device. 2. 解决了Setting设置项里触屏校准失败问题。 Fixed a bug that user can not calibrate the touch screen from the Setting Location. 3. 解决了在多国语言,wifi不打开,在竖屏下观察idle第三屏天气图标“请设置城市”显示超出显示范围。 Fixed a bug that under multi-Languages, wifi can’t open , weather widget display out of range when observed the third vertical panel. 4. 解决了设置屏幕锁定,屏暗,滑动解锁后不输入密码,再次屏暗后点亮屏幕,需要按menu键显示输入密码界面。 Fixed a bug that Display the password input dialog box when press power button to resume system if set screen unlock function. 5. 增加了3g鉴权功能。 Added new identification method for 3G Mobile Network Operators. 6. 增加了Reboot功能。 Added reboot new function. 7. 增加了移动网络的数据漫游设置。 Added new network setting for 3G Mobile data roaming.

tobyw01

Sep 28, 2010
Welcome eprom101.

First thing I did was try a T-mobile card. I was so sad. AT&T plans suck.

eprom101

Feb 15, 2011
Eprom101 welcome to the group. Except for the 3g issue, which i think is software related. I think you'll like the kinpad. I just purchased a 10" tablet and find myself liking the 7" form factor better. Here in canada my provider is Rogers with follows the same tech spec's as AT&T. Luckily i have a 6gig data plan. When you finally get your tablet I would be interested to findout what ROM version you have.

Sure.....I will post the ROM ver. numbers as soon as I get it in my hands.

tobyw01

Sep 28, 2010
I've tried 2g and it made no difference it still cut out. When you say you switched to gsm did you do that via the phone keypad? *#*#4636#*#* ?

I also tried using speedtest.net to provide a constant data stream and it still timed out. I have searched the web and haven't found peopl with similar problems.

Mr Dasher it is the same screen I just used any cut to create a shortcut on home screen. Isaac changing the preferred connection method. I hope the update works.

eprom101

Feb 15, 2011

What 10 inch tablet do you have? I want to check out the Malata Zpad but I choose the Kinpad i600 because of its phone functionality.

Mr Dasher

Jan 8, 2011
Tobyw01 how did you find out about the update? Have you tried it. I'm about to give it a go. It seems to address a few of the issues we had. I wonder / hope the manufacturer is reading this forum. :0)

Eprom101 I bought the Malata Zpad. The Zpad is suppose to replace my netbook and I don't expect to take it out of the house much and the Kinpad is for the traveling around. Both have 3G. I just got the the Zpad yesterday and haven't even turned it on. Just waiting for time to put on the screen protector and maybe wait for the leather case to arrive. Like I said I do really like the Kinpad's size. Makes reading in bed less of chore where as I could see the Zpad being a bit of a hassle to keep holding.

I justified the buying of two tablets, first because I couldn't make up my mind and secondly added together it's about the same price as a iPad with 3g.

Last edited: