Kinpad I600 7" Capacitive, Phone 3G GPS Wifi HDMI 2.2

Orson

Feb 23, 2011
Yes, when the new market started I was un able to install apps. Also, the movies tab is missing from the new market. I get it on my phone though.

Just looked into this and seems to be yet ANOTHER Android issue. Let's hope with the $12.5bn they just spent on Motorola they've some money left over to address these issues.

At least ShowChina are doing a great job in supporting the Pad which is much more than many of the mainstream vendors do.

tobyw01

Sep 28, 2010
Turns out 60 days later I get my tablet back from Merimobiles, So I press the power button a the battery is drained , so I plug it into the original charger and the charger is no good. I was afraid this was going to happen so I packed a note in with the tablet before shipping it specifically asking them to please send a replacment charger which they ignored to do and when I confronted them with this information they hung up on me and would not answer when I called back. WTF kind of business are these people running. Im really pissed off at this point and Im thinking they probably didnt even repair the tablet.:mad::mad::mad:

Sorry for the bad news. I'll know to steer clear of them . When I got mine back the battery was drained, but I got a new system entirely. Are you going to look for a new charger?

tobyw01

Sep 28, 2010
Great game that works well on Kinpad is Paradise Island. A bit addicting, like Tropico. But, you will have to download it on a phone then transfer over to pad because it will not let you download from Market.

eprom101

Feb 15, 2011
Sorry for the bad news. I'll know to steer clear of them . When I got mine back the battery was drained, but I got a new system entirely. Are you going to look for a new charger?

Yeah.....Im in the process of finding a new charger. I think the Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000 has the exact same pinout as the i600, Ill let you guys know if it works. I have one on order.

tobyw01

Sep 28, 2010
GPS Latest

I came a cross a post from Paul (Google Employee) who asked everyone to post here:
Nexus S cannot fix GPS on Android 2.3.3 - Google Mobile Help
But as you can see there's no resolution to the problem and no word from Paul.

Maybe it's time we started buying shares in Apple.

GPS status shows satellites on my pad. it just takes a long time for it to get a fix. Even when it does get a fix signal level is usually weak which causes it to drop. May just be the antenna is to short.

eprom101

Feb 15, 2011
Google is taking the Microsoft approach to beta testing, why pay for beta testing when techies like us will do it for free.;)

busta

Sep 24, 2010
Yeah.....Im in the process of finding a new charger. I think the Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000 has the exact same pinout as the i600, Ill let you guys know if it works. I have one on order.

i use the ipod 1st gen u2 version pinout...i broke mine too yesterday....
but the charger is fine...ijust plug the kinpad usb charger to ipod usb pinout..
sorry 4 the bad english :D

busta

Sep 24, 2010

i use the ipod 1st gen u2 version pinout...i broke mine too yesterday....
but the charger is fine...ijust plug the kinpad usb charger to ipod usb pinout..
sorry 4 the bad english :D

tobyw01

Sep 28, 2010
So what you are saying is, your using the ipod 1st gen usb cable with the kinpad charger? I have tried 4 or 5 different chargers with the original kinpad cable with no success. Replacement of the usb cable is not an issue. The power supply charger replacement is the problem because there isnt any cross reference information, or pinout diagrams for the kinpad i600. I am just assuming the samsung galaxy tab P1000 charger will work because I looked at some various images of the P1000, the kinpad i600 looks to be a generic copy of the galaxy tab P1000, almost identical though the samsung has more input options on the 4 button side of the tab. I also noticed that as soon as samsung tab upgraded to 2.3 kinpad had an update shortly after. Hopefully the charger works and if it does work I will try the docking station ...

That would be awesome if it works.

Sent from EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

madin1309

Jul 14, 2011
Hi,

May be I can help because also my charger is broken since a couple of weeks.

First of all go to buy a wall recharger for the ipad. This wall recharger has 2A instead of 1A for the iphone

What you need to know: The iphone and ipad recognice a connected recharger when the RX connector is pulled to 5V of the USB supply ( I guess with the help of a 10k resistor). The Kindpad recognice a connected charger when the RX and TX connector of the USB connection is wired together (shortcut is OK).

I don't want open the IPAD recharger so I use an adapter cable. This cable disconnects the RX and TX wire from the IPAD wall charger. So I can shortcut the RX and TX wire comming from my KINPAD.

What I did:
1) I used a common USB extension cable, preferred a short one.
2) Carefully I opened the cable jacket with sharp knife.
3) I saw four wires coloured red, black, green and white. No wires where hurted:)
4) The red and black one are the powersupply of the USB connection.
5) The other two, one is white and the other green, (colours may vary) I cut through.
6) The white wire of the ipad recharger side I electrical insulate with tape.
7) The green wire of the ipad recharger side I electrical insulate with tape.
8) The white and green wire to the KINDPAD I shortcut.
9) The shortcutted wires I electrical insulated with tape
10) If the red and/or black wire got hurted during step 2, electrical insulate them with tape too
11) I summurized all electrical wires and put tape around to fix them again

Now the IPAD wall recharger works since a couple of weeks fine with my KINDPAD.

By the way the charging cable comes with the wall charger of the IPAD works well with my kindpad as a charging cable and USB connection :)

Looking forward reading about your success here.
Sorry I am not native english speaker. Wish my description is still helpful

Mading