Kyocera Echo is a new Android 2.2 dual phone

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
Kyocera has created a "dual phone" (yes two phones) that will be sold to Sprint users. The Echo is an innovative phone, because you are able to join the phones together and create a gigantic screen that is held together by a liquid-metal hinge.

It will come with Android 2.2, and a SnapDragon 1GHz processor. It will be a 3G only phone, and some say the 1GHz processor will not be enough speed to fully support this phone.

... what are your thoughts?

kyocera-echo.jpg

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
This is very similar to a phone I thought about a few years back. Except I thought about a phone you could pull out by width and height, then be able to push it back together. So it could be as small as phone, then pulled out to be the size of an 8" tablet.... oh well... dreams ;)

SVD

Nov 21, 2010
Looks cool...but I but the battery life is nothing to write home about.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 15, 2009
I think it's a cool idea/implementation but I'd have to see more integration first.

sherring8290

Oct 5, 2010
I think this phone is a great idea, and im impressed with the innovation. On issue though, I cant remember a phone Kyocera has made in recent memory that I actually wanted. And this being their first android phone doesn't help much either, but as a sprint customer I'm awaiting reviews

Nate Rules

Jan 14, 2011
After seeing all the cool phones coming to the other carriers, I was excited about Sprints press conference. I thought this phone was a huge let down. It's a cool phone, but not on par with the Atrix and Bionic. I think a big screen is better that two small ones. But give me this any day over the Iphone.:)

fbales

May 5, 2010
Okay, I don't get it. Would someone explain the need for two phones that you can join together?

Frank

bigwooly

Nov 24, 2010
I think this phone is a great idea, and im impressed with the innovation. On issue though, I cant remember a phone Kyocera has made in recent memory that I actually wanted. And this being their first android phone doesn't help much either, but as a sprint customer I'm awaiting reviews
the sanyo zio is made by kyocera.

Not saying that it was a great phone but this isn't their 1st android phone.