Kyros MID-7015 and 7005 Ultimate Guide Discussion Thread

troyy0206

Nov 14, 2010
Jamie,

I can't speak with 100% certainty, but I believe if the phone becomes a hotspot, this tablet should not have any issues accessing it via Wi-Fi.

That's what I thought, but a couple weeks ago I learned the phone wireless tether is actually an ad-hoc network connection and it also shows this way in Windows on the wireless connections list. Someone posted the things you have to do somewhere on how to make it work. I'll have to find it and give it a shot soon...

Dec 13, 2010
got up to step 13 and keeps telling me cannot find WinUSBCoInstaller.dll and asks me to look for it on my computer and no where to be found supposed to be in system32 folder but not there. this folder in sdk google-usb_driver>i386 has winusbcoinstaller1.dll. how do I reset my tablet back so I can start all this over again? please help I suck at these kind of things. thanks for you help.

Phase3d

Dec 8, 2010
As far as using phone wireless tether. I have tried everything I can think of, and I can't get the tablet you see my wireless tether from my phone. I would love to be able to use my phone as a hotspot for the tablet. Anybody have any ideas how to fix this? Thanks...

Phase3d

Dec 8, 2010
That's what I thought, but a couple weeks ago I learned the phone wireless tether is actually an ad-hoc network connection and it also shows this way in Windows on the wireless connections list. Someone posted the things you have to do somewhere on how to make it work. I'll have to find it and give it a shot soon...

If you find the information on how to make it work, would you please post it here. Thanks...

crosscheck9c

Dec 14, 2010
i rooted the kyros 7015 no problem, but cant add the windows software. it only has android-sdk-r08 on there. no r08. also there is 2 to choose from. the recommended and the normal. which is it??? i am runing 32 bit windows vista. i do have the java downloaded. i cant find the usb menu, and i downloaded the quick fix version from rapidshare, and tried to run composite, normal adb and the third one. no idea what to do now. need help!!!!

demo1962

Dec 10, 2010
Can you help me out ?????????

After chosen "Android ADB Inferface" then it can not find the file. Should it be "android_winusb.inf" or "android_usb.inf" file ?

I tried many time and got struck here for long time.

Thanks for the advance help...............

demo1962

Dec 10, 2010
Thanks BKeeny. Did you have Coby Mid0715 working with Market ?

If problem, I will reply again. Thanks..............

john

demo1962

Dec 10, 2010
BKenny

Download the .inf file from the following link USB INF. After placing the file in USB_driver of android-sdk-windows folder. At this point delete the Android Enclair from your Device Manager (It will be with Yellow escalation mark). After this, plug in your android with USB and select the manual option (instead of automatic search) and paste the complete folder of USB_Drive with drive name to Specify specific folder to search. Follow the rest of Wizard. Your windows will recognize the android tablet.

If you got stuck, reply the message with your device and windows screen shot.

demo1962,

After you extracted the zip file, you need to open SDKManager.exe (ensure you have JAVA run time installed). The window will show so many packages for download and install. This includes usb_driver. So you need to download and install them. It takes around 30 to 60 mins depending on your connection.

So after waiting for 30 mins of install, then I will see a usb_driver file ?

john

crosscheck9c

Dec 14, 2010
so i finally got it onto my computer. found it in my program files. so now i am once again stuck. i cant download the recovery file to my kyros. i go to c prompt and it doesnt load anything.

demo1962

Dec 10, 2010
I have same problem! Any idea how to continue with no usb_driver folder?

You need to install the following:

-Installed packages (all )
then go to -Available package >> check on Third Party Add ons then you will see usb_driver and install the package

Good Luck..... I just go through that part.

john

demo1962

Dec 10, 2010
BKenny

Download the .inf file from the following link USB INF. After placing the file in USB_driver of android-sdk-windows folder. At this point delete the Android Enclair from your Device Manager (It will be with Yellow escalation mark). After this, plug in your android with USB and select the manual option (instead of automatic search) and paste the complete folder of USB_Drive with drive name to Specify specific folder to search. Follow the rest of Wizard. Your windows will recognize the android tablet.

If you got stuck, reply the message with your device and windows screen shot.

demo1962,

After you extracted the zip file, you need to open SDKManager.exe (ensure you have JAVA run time installed). The window will show so many packages for download and install. This includes usb_driver. So you need to download and install them. It takes around 30 to 60 mins depending on your connection.

Thanks Rambg. I just got through that part and window recognized my Coby Tablet. Then going to the next step and got struck with cmd --> does not recognize adb shell command.

Any idea ?

john

sable

Dec 11, 2010
@ demo1962
had same problem,this is what i did, when typing
cd\android-sdk-windows\tools
do this:
When in a command prompt, type these commands
cd C:\
cd android-sdk-windows
cd platform-tools
Type: adb shell and press enter.
Type: su and press enter.
Type: flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img and press enter.
Press and hold the CTRL button, then press C.
Type: adb reboot recovery and press enter.
10. Your Kyros tablet will reboot. Clockwork Mod Recovery will then load.

demo1962

Dec 10, 2010
@ demo1962
had same problem,this is what i did, when typing
cd\android-sdk-windows\tools
do this:
When in a command prompt, type these commands
cd C:\
cd android-sdk-windows
cd platform-tools
Type: adb shell and press enter.
Type: su and press enter.
Type: flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img and press enter.
Press and hold the CTRL button, then press C.
Type: adb reboot recovery and press enter.

Then I follow the next instructions:
9. Type adb reboot recovery and press enter.

When Navigating through ClockworkMod Recovery, here are the keys:

Home is down
Menu is select
Back is back

11. Press the Home button until backup and restore is highlighted and press Menu.

12. Backup should already be selected. Press Menu.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then Coby Tablet screen shows a Triangle +! and Android logo. I pressed the home button and nothing happen.

crosscheck9c

Dec 14, 2010
ok this is really aggrevating. i did as listed above. typed cd C:\ at the c prompt. typed in info and still says not recognized. what gives. am i missing something somewhere??? i really need some help here. did everything as listed, rooted my kyros, downloaded the usb drivers, but i can not load the clockwork mod. please help!!!!!!!!