Le Pan II ICS google certification is complete!!

LePandroid

Jan 18, 2012
It always makes me laugh to see how many reviews start with... the main reason or only reason they bought a tablet was for it's operating system... not video calls or playing games or surfing the internet, checking email, reading books or the many other things that you can do with a tablet. Not the screen size or resolution not the processor speed but the operating system? hmmm...
I guess the only reason they bought a tablet was so they could say I have a tablet with ice cream sandwich.
Most of them don't even realize or know that ice cream sandwich is only a minor upgrade from honeycomb.
And there are only a few minor differences between the 2 operating systems.
But even with the news that ice cream sandwich is right around the corner and even after seeing the pictures posted on the forums of ICS running on Le Pan tablets, there are still some posting that it's not going to happen. And even with the post that the HDMI cable is available and some are already using it and it works fine there are still those who are posting that that's not going to happen either lol. :)
But even with all the fake negative reviews on amazon and most other selling sites the Le Pan still has 1 of the highest tablet customer ratings, beating out most of the competition. :)
All I can say is I've had my tablet for 5 months now and it does everything it said it would do and more.
Everything works perfectly and I've had none of the problems some others have reported.
In fact this is being written on my Le Pan using voice input... no more typing for me hehehe. :)
For those saying they only bought the tablet for the operating system I would say they should have Bought it for what they would be using it for.
And why buy a product that doesn't already have what you need, If I needed a tablet to take pictures I certainly wouldn't buy 1 without a camera. Or if it was important that I could connected to my TV I wouldn't buy 1 without a tested and functioning HDMI port. I buy what I need now not what I hope it will do in the future. If I want chocolate milk now... I buy chocolate milk now, not milk that I can add chocolate to later lol.
And for those who keeps saying Le Pan is lying about the tablet being upgradable to ice cream sandwich... I guess they don't understand that it only means that the tablet has a hardware needed to run ice cream sandwich, which it does.

Last edited:

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
Well said LePanDroid. I have had many personal communications with several people closely connected to Le Pan. They all seem like good, honest people working hard to come through with their promises. Cases I have opened through their support site have been responded to quickly. People that have had issues with hdmi are getting prompt exchanges. We are getting great service and the actual tablet is a beauty to behold. What more could you really ask. Especially for a tablet that was about 100 bucks cheaper than its closest rival when I got mine.

Lastest word, as of Friday. "just a few more days".

mprenfro

May 16, 2012
I don't believe LePandroid is well said. It is overlooking the issue. Where is ICS? It is an advertised, antisipated upgrade. Seriously guys come on. When a company says their going to do something, they very well better back it up! ICS, android 4 upgrade, whatever you want to call it. Lepan Tabs good? Arguable. Doesn't matter. All the more reason to fullfill their responsibilities......

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Well it sounds like you don't have long to wait. Just remember that updates (at least Android ones) often bring as many new problems as the ones they solve. It is entirely possible you can get ICS and not be happy to the point that you would prefer to roll back and be stuck where you currently are. Just look around the site for the history of people in that exact scenario after their update whether it be from Froyo to Gingerbread or Honeycomb to ICS or anything in between.

Eventually the issues are usually resolved but it all takes time. There isn't a magic bullet where devices are updated and suddenly they work like the newest fastest tablets on the market that cost twice as much. For better or worse what you have now is generally all you can expect your tablet to be going forward. If the hardware or speed aren't what you want an OS update isn't going to fix that, you should be looking for a new device. If you are generally happy with your device and just want a more cohesive OS, with small improvements in speed, battery life, notifications, menus, widgets or similar little tweaks then updates should be enough to keep you happy but shouldn't be considered the be all end all of the usefulness of the device.

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
"update -6/19 - turns out there were a few last minute details that needed to be tested and corrected before rolling out ICS on Le Pan II. Le Pan is working hard to finish these final details. ICS most likely will come pretty soon. Prepare to enjoy ICS on Le Pan II with July 4th fireworks!"

mprenfro

May 16, 2012
Johna2u, can you get hold of your contact and find out where the heck ICS is?
you had said you know someone who is in the know. Maybe they should know it's about time.

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
If i could tell you I would tell you but I can't right now and you probably wouldn't believe me anyway. But I do know exactly where it is.

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
no its good. Lots of stuff happening. Just no predictions right now.

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
spaceboy, im getting the same message. I have no idea! I sent a private messageto Yann to see if he knows. No response yet. Mayb dbay was late on the server payment.

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
spaceboy, John,

Just replied to John's PM, and I see the same message. This is probably due to service payment problems, money has been tight for dbaybay.

Hope he can get it back soon.

LePandroid

Jan 18, 2012
:DFor all the naysayers out there... check this out:D

http://insideindustrynews.com/2012/07/12/le-pan-ii-finally-gets-android-ice-cream-sandwich-update/

Looks like while you were all busy trying to put down me and Johna2u and support other brands on the Le Pan forums,
he was busy testing ICS and helping to work out the bugs so we will have a problem-free product ;)
Johna2u has posted his review with photos of his Le Pan II running on ICS... you can check it out on the lepanlife forum.

http://www.forum.lepanlife.com/showthread.php?tid=919

Thanks again Johna2u :)

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Neat-o. I wish I could get the same response from Vizio :(

LePan69

Mar 15, 2012
Wi-Fi connection speed was increased and stability has been perfected.
Oh please let this fix my LePan2's problem of taking forever to connect to certain wifis.

Thanks!!