Lenovo A2109 CM10 audio higher frequency sound problem vote thread...

ownjoouk

Feb 24, 2013
In the About Device bit in settings- should it say "Baseband - Unknown" or should it have a baseband name or description in here?

I've just noticed mine says unknown and don't know if it is supposed to - if it is supposed to have something could this affect audio in some way if it is incorrect?

ownjoouk

Feb 24, 2013
OK cool then forgive me for my nievety but why is there a flash able ICS and jb baseband in other threads? I assumed this could be an issue but as I came from jb stock anyway I would have the correct one installed anyway.

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013

mcl630

Dec 3, 2012
OK cool then forgive me for my nievety but why is there a flash able ICS and jb baseband in other threads? I assumed this could be an issue but as I came from jb stock anyway I would have the correct one installed anyway.

There's no baseband on wifi-only devices. I think the flashable files you saw were bootloaders, not basebands. If I'm wrong, please post a link where you saw bandband files--I'd like to see what the heck they really are.

ownjoouk

Feb 24, 2013
There's no baseband on wifi-only devices. I think the flashable files you saw were bootloaders, not basebands. If I'm wrong, please post a link where you saw bandband files--I'd like to see what the heck they really are.

Sorry you are correct. I was confusing boot loaders with baseband! :confused:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Ok for the MP3 file: Dev-Host - Love Blinds by Cloud.mp3 - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

For the WMA file: Dev-Host - Love Blinds by Cloud.wma - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Listen to the MP3 file first on your desktop or laptop first. Sorry I have no other type of music to choose because this one is free, dont wanna get into any trouble by using copy right music :-D

As I posted on lenovo forum either I am deaf or my tablet doesn't have the sound problem.

I am going to video my tablet playing the mp3 you uploaded, post video on youtube and see if you guys hear the high pitch.

This is being tested on 4.2.2 with both my 4.2.2 kernel and superhansi 4.2.2 kernel, I am using ics bootloader, I don't see how the bootloader would make any difference but thought I was post that info anyway.

flopower1996

Feb 8, 2013
As I posted on lenovo forum either I am deaf or my tablet doesn't have the sound problem.

I am going to video my tablet playing the mp3 you uploaded, post video on youtube and see if you guys hear the high pitch.

This is being tested on 4.2.2 with both my 4.2.2 kernel and superhansi 4.2.2 kernel, I am using ics bootloader, I don't see how the bootloader would make any difference but thought I was post that info anyway.

I've tested with both (ICS & JB) Bootloaders. Same problem.
BL doesn't make any changes for me.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Here is video kind of long, includes song playing on two players and youtube video.

I am using my work kernel and modules on this video, the kernel is different in that it allows apps such as system tuner to work, I wanted to see if system tuner could be used to determine if the tablets hardware is different. system tuner crashes on stock kernel, so I mod my work kernel not to crash on system tuner.

Last edited by a moderator:

ownjoouk

Feb 24, 2013
I've put ICS bootloader on and flashed CM10 and helium continues. So we can't just assume that that is the problem.

Here is a video of The Walking Dead tariler on my PC and on CM 10.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I doubt stock rom would sound the same as a pc, can you do same test with stock jb rom?

ownjoouk

Feb 24, 2013
As requested. Still a noticable difference.

The best test though (assuming you have another android device handy) is download Super Stickman Golf 2 (it's free on playstore). Run it and listen to the intro music. It's seriously high speed on the CM10 rom and then use the other device to hear it at normal speed.